Perfume Help!!!

mdlcal28

O.G.
Feb 1, 2008
Alabama
I am trying to decide which perfume I want a big bottle of for Christmas... I have a small bottle of Robert Piquet Fracas and I am out of my Annick Goutal Gardenia Passion....
Which do you prefer? As you can tell I am a Gardenia a tuberose type..

BigAkoya

O.G.
Nov 23, 2006
I am trying to decide which perfume I want a big bottle of for Christmas... I have a small bottle of Robert Piquet Fracas and I am out of my Annick Goutal Gardenia Passion....
Which do you prefer? As you can tell I am a Gardenia a tuberose type..

Hi. I am a major Tuberose / Gardenja fan too. I have tried many and I keep going back to Fracas. You can wear it all year round and the scent is powerful and leaves a nice silage yet it is not over the top.

I also love Carnal Flower, but I sometimes find it too overpowering although I must say, many men and women have asked me what I am wearing when I wear Carnal Flower. But...I keep going back to Fracas because it is a scent I can wear all year round.

If you like more Gardenia, Estée Lauder's Tuberose Gardenia is a more pure gardenia and smells good too. But... After a bottle of that, I still go back to Fracas! It's the best to me!

On your two choices, Fracas for sure. I also find it lasts longer than Annick Goutal... Her fragrances seen to fade fast on me.

Good luck!

beekmanhill

Jan 4, 2012
New York
The new Cartier Panthere has gardenia notes in it. Although I'm not a great gardenia fan, I bought it because the gardenia notes blend in with the others, and later disappear.

Once you explore a bit more, you might want to try variations.

Sep 18, 2007
Fracas was my first perfume that I hunted down by scent alone when someone walked by and I remembered it all the way to the department store and smelled every bottle until I found it because I didn't know what it was called. It has longevity and the only caution is to get one from RP directly or a really reliable seller because there was a period when the original formula was not matched well when the company changed hands and some were cheaply made. I've seen it at Costco but I'm leery of it - has anyone tried it?

roundandround

in circles.....
O.G.
Feb 15, 2010
HERE,THERE & EVERYWHERE
I have Esteé Lauder's Tuberose Gradenia and everytime I wore it, got tons of compliments. Long staying power but don't overdo. It always liftmy spirit when I wear it. This got a lot of good reviews too. HTH