Perfume Chat Thread

Would you please post an update with your thoughts on this one when you've tried it? I've been wondering if pistachio smells nice in perfume but can't imagine it as anything other than gelato! :lol: :flowers:
I know you didn’t ask me but I bought a sample and tried this one. I don’t know why the marketing ads make this seem sweet. It’s not to me. I would have loved this had it not been for that patchouli, which I can’t stand. It definitely smells like pistachios though.

I know you didn’t ask me but I bought a sample and tried this one. I don’t know why the marketing ads make this seem sweet. It’s not to me. I would have loved this had it not been for that patchouli, which I can’t stand. It definitely smells like pistachios though.
Really appreciate you sharing your thoughts. I like that's it's not sweet. :flowers:

Now, the important question is do I want to smell like nuts or do I just want to eat some? :hrmm::lol:

Would someone please tell me if patchouli is supposed to smell like chocolate? I've noticed every perfume with patchouli listed as one of the notes goes super chocolatey on me. Is that normal? Google is saying I should be smelling earthiness and wet soil. I'm getting dark chocolate and nothing else. :huh:

Would someone please tell me if patchouli is supposed to smell like chocolate? I've noticed every perfume with patchouli listed as one of the notes goes super chocolatey on me. Is that normal? Google is saying I should be smelling earthiness and wet soil. I'm getting dark chocolate and nothing else. :huh:
Yes, I have heard this comparison MANY times on various YouTube channels. I have never picked up this version of patchouli, which I detest as a note in general.

Yes. That's a common description of patchouli. Totally normal.

• Thanks
Reactions: jblended
Had an appointment that took me to a part of town I've not been to. Found myself in front of a Henry Jacques boutique! :faint:

I'd never heard of them prior to playing on the perfume threads here, and I actually knew nothing when I walked in, other than having the brand recognition. Let me tell you, this is the best boutique experience I've ever had. They were the most polite staff I have ever dealt with, though I immediately told them I know nothing and am just browsing while I wait for an appointment.

I mentioned my allergies and they very carefully chose samples that would not be problematic. Everything I smelt was heavenly. This is different to any other perfume I've had the pleasure of sniffing. They're smooth. They smell like beautiful, fragrant, classy money people. :lol:
I wish I could say which ones I tested but I have no idea. They just brought a few over that they recommended. It was a truly wonderful experience.

The prices were the highest I've seen yet and that was quite a shock for me, but I can totally get behind it (easy to say since I cannot afford it lol). A wonderful bottle or two when you have the means would be all you need, really (in my fantasy life). No other brand would be of interest.
Can you tell I was impressed? :lol:

Thanks to those of you who have posted about it. I would have likely walked past it had I not recognized the name from here. :flowers:

Had an appointment that took me to a part of town I've not been to. Found myself in front of a Henry Jacques boutique! :faint:

I'd never heard of them prior to playing on the perfume threads here, and I actually knew nothing when I walked in, other than having the brand recognition. Let me tell you, this is the best boutique experience I've ever had. They were the most polite staff I have ever dealt with, though I immediately told them I know nothing and am just browsing while I wait for an appointment.

I mentioned my allergies and they very carefully chose samples that would not be problematic. Everything I smelt was heavenly. This is different to any other perfume I've had the pleasure of sniffing. They're smooth. They smell like beautiful, fragrant, classy money people. :lol:
I wish I could say which ones I tested but I have no idea. They just brought a few over that they recommended. It was a truly wonderful experience.

The prices were the highest I've seen yet and that was quite a shock for me, but I can totally get behind it (easy to say since I cannot afford it lol). A wonderful bottle or two when you have the means would be all you need, really (in my fantasy life). No other brand would be of interest.

Thanks to those of you who have posted about it. I would have likely walked past it had I not recognized the name from here. :flowers:
Great, thank you for your message. I don't want to buy anything until I purchase a HJ flacon.

• Thanks
Reactions: jblended and JenJBS

Thanks for the information about HJ. I'm really happy you got to have such a pleasant experience! :hugs:

The nearest boutique is 700 miles away... :crybaby:

• Love
Reactions: jblended
Sometimes patchouli can smell very earthy, as it does in a lot of men's fragrances, but other times it can smell almost gourmand, as it is in Coromandel or Midnight Train. It just depends on the particular aromachemical used and the rest of the perfume's blend.

I'd never heard of them prior to playing on the perfume threads here, and I actually knew nothing when I walked in, other than having the brand recognition. Let me tell you, this is the best boutique experience I've ever had.
Oh yes, my experience at the Henry Jacques boutique at Harrod's (the original Henry Jacques boutique) was really fantastic. The SAs were so warm and friendly. It definitely rivals my shopping experience at one of the Profumum Roma boutiques in Rome, which has been my absolute best perfume shopping experience.

It's always been easy for me to scoff at the absurd prices some houses charge for their perfumes **cough**Roja Dove**cough** but I think the high prices are more justifiable in the case of Henry Jacques than any other house.