Perfect Paris Scarf! A grail scarf! Any info?

Liberté

O.G.
Jan 5, 2007
I'm not a person who has "grails". If I want something I get it and move on or just move on. I'm very very seldom moved to an extent that I have to get something and never understood the part about "grail scarves", because there are so many of them that are pretty, so having a grail, the "one" that you have to get above others, didn't make sense.. Untill I saw this:

A_OPPCA659-1b.jpg

Carré "Souvenirs de Paris" par Hilton Mac Connico
source:
http://www.opportunities.fr/produit.php?ref=A_OPPCA659

:wtf::wtf:

Not only a great scarf, but it's also the perfect "H" Paris souvenir/memories item! Even if I can't wear that shade of red I would want to get this from Paris, it's so iconic.

Anyone has this, knows when it was issued or any other info? Is it easy to find used (I would think not due to the price)?

(PS I would get it from the shop in the link, but I can't get myself to shop these things online and not planning on dropping by toulouse any time soon. Maybe I can find it somewhere in Paris though, puces or somewhere else.. :cry: :crybaby:)

I had this, bought it because I love the design, sadly had to sell it since the colour are just not me. It´s gorgeous! I especially like the little dogs. I´ve seen many of these recently on ebay, they have gone for normal amounts, not bad at all.

I have seen this more than once on eBay... opportunities is sometimes high, I find. For example, I got an orange/pink A Contre Courant for $200 on ebay, but they want something like $400US for it. Watch the auctions and it should turn up eventually.

Liberte, I seem to recall this is from 1989. It was probably created for the bicentennial (does this word exist in english?) of the revolution.

Yes, it was introduced in 1989 upon the 100th birthday of the Eiffel Tower. Artist is Hilton Connico [sic], the architect who does a lot of installations for H. As the title suggests, it's meant to be the perfect souvenir of Paris.

Don't panic, I've seen it a number of times on eBay and the prices were not outrageous at all. As I recall, they were not even current retail. You may want to post on the Grail Scarf thread, but either way I will keep my eye out for one for you...