Perfect Everyday Bag for a Busy Mom

mpbaby

Sep 7, 2010
I'm looking for ONE perfect everyday bag. A classic, practical bag in a neutral color. My budget is around $3000.

I am a stay at home mom to three kids. Two of the kids are school aged though so I think a medium sized bag would be big enough. I want a bag that I don't have to baby or worry about at places like kids' birthday parties, but I need it to look polished and put together.

My attire varies from lululemon to jeans to dresses...

Any input is much appreciated!!

I'm looking for ONE perfect everyday bag. A classic, practical bag in a neutral color. My budget is around $3000.

I am a stay at home mom to three kids. Two of the kids are school aged though so I think a medium sized bag would be big enough. I want a bag that I don't have to baby or worry about at places like kids' birthday parties, but I need it to look polished and put together.

My attire varies from lululemon to jeans to dresses...

Any input is much appreciated!!

How about a empreinte speedy b?

How about a empreinte speedy b?

+1
I have 4 kids 2 under 3 and the speedy b is very functional. I use a 30 and it can be worn crossbody, shoulder, or hand. It is very roomy and I can carry my essentials plus some none spill able items for my younger two. Both canvas and the leather are very durable too.
Good luck on your search!

When you find this HG please let us know. I've been looking forever! I think shoulder or crossbody is probably preferred for me. I have many favorites but still think there's smthg better.

Are there certain brands or styles you prefer?

My kids are older now but when my daughter and twins were younger, messenger styles were the way to go or shoulder bags. I think a bag that is versatile--meaning shoulder, messenger or hand carry would be most versatile. Totes are always a great standby but you don't want to be bogged down with a heavy bag and 3 kids.

Another option is the Chanel GST ($2900). It is a shoulder style and has lots of organization. But it is a structured bag, whereas the Evelyn is more slouchy. People like to complain how stiff it is but it softens up when you use it a lot. I have it and love it. And caviar leather is very durable. Both of my recs are classic styles.

I am also a stay-at-home mom to 3 kids, all school-age now. I don't know what type of handbag you prefer (satchel? tote?) or if you have any limitations in terms of the weight of the bag (I personally prefer bags that weigh around 2 lbs or less).

The bags that have worked the best for my everyday life are the medium PS1, Longchamp quadri satchel (smaller size), MZ Wallace small sutton (was a limited release). If you like slouchy bags then I think Balenciaga has some great options - the City or Day would both work. There are several Chanel totes that would work as well - I love their size and organization but they are just too heavy for me.

I also recently purchased a Coach soft borough bag, which I think would fill all your requirements but it is way below your budget and I don't know if you are looking for something a bit more luxe. Longchamp has some really great offerings as well. http://www.coach.com/online/handbag...0000000000015027&navCatId=5000000000000015027