Peppermint park in O magazine

True, and the statement that Oprah would be liable if the site sold fakes is pretty ridiculous. Like her legal team would allow THAT to happen.

Very true. The O Magazine staff doesn't have the time or ability to thoroughly vett the vendors they recommend, and determine whether all the products they sell are legit.

Remember, Oprah and her crew exhaustively publicized a memoir that turned out to be fake (James Frey's book), ignoring some pretty glaring signs that it wasn't legit, including calls and letters from the rehab center he visited.

They really do not have the expertise to determine whether an online vendor is selling fake Guccis along with the legit merchandise.

I am of the same opinion. Some of theri clothes items etc maybe legit...but the purse photos are just downright....bad. Can't see much of anything and the descriptions are just lacking proper information. It's all very weird. They seem to be registered with the BBB...have a physical address and apparently a showroom. They also have some kind of blog that has photos of the CEO, photographer etc. The CEO was once a contestant on Donald *****'s The Appprentice! :weird:

There was a discussion about the worth (or lack thereof) of a BBB membership in the Up to the Minute thread. According to an ABC news investigation an A+ BBB rating can be purchased for about $800/year in states like NY and CA and that makes all the troublesome customer complaints go away.

I just tried to return a Gucci Sukey purchased on this site, absolutely a fake, Gucci would never put a terrible looking leather strip with mismatched G's on the bag. I am trying to get a refund and may have to resort to filing a report with the BBB to get the refund as they indicated I could only get credit.
Buyer beware of these Gucci bags for sure!!!! Doesn't look authentic at all!

I have no knowledge of this site, but I can say that an endorsement in a magazine is pretty meaningless. I buy a lot of makeup. Recently, a magazine that I read mentioned an indie brand of cosmetics that has been caught in engaging in some shady practices. They were even selling loose pigments that were not meant to be used on human skin. They were like the equivalent of powdered tempura paint. I do not think the magazine was even aware of this, despite it being documented on sites like YouTube and Specktra. I think the magazine mentioned the brand because it fit with the edgy theme of the article.

Imp21, if you read the Returns part of their Membership agreement, it states that you will only get a store credit and not a refund. I'm in the same boat as you. Any advice anyone?

Imp21, if you read the Returns part of their Membership agreement, it states that you will only get a store credit and not a refund. I'm in the same boat as you. Any advice anyone?

Did you pay with a credit card? If so, file a claim with them saying you unknowingly purchased counterfeit merchandise.

lorihmatthews, I did use a credit card. But what about the membership agreement? If you have the time, maybe you can read it? You can just go to the site and check it out without signing up. TIA

BTW, I did already call the IACC. I still have the merchandise and at this point maybe taking pictures to authenticate is a waste of time. I will be sending it back AGAIN and try to get a refund again. Thank you ladies. Hopefully, no one else gets conned. I'll chalk it up to stupidity on my part. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Elliespurse, I checked the thread, but no where says how to obtain written letter of authenticity. Any ideas, or should I post this elsewhere? Thanks.

(Will still post pictures of bag this weekend just in case :smile:)

I filed a complaint against the Peppermint Park with the BBB, I am a former practicing attorney and Consumer Law indicates no matter what the store policy if the item is a "fake" or not what you thought you ordered it is absolutely returnable. If this doesn't work I am going to the Consumer Fraud Division, Minnesota Attorney General, or whatever I need to do.
It is one thing not to like an item, although all the sites that allegedly sell real Gucci's etc. allow full refund and returns for their items! This is telling about Peppermint Park in and of itself!!