People's comments

Hey guys,

On any given work day I can be seen carrying my Infini Porte documents voyage, a Louis wallet, Louis key holder, sometimes LV shoes, sometimes bracelet... And tiffany bracelet, ring and a good watch...

A lot of people legitimately compliment my taste etc... But a lot of people make sarcastic backhanded comments about how I'm obsessed, or I must have no responsibilities, or "oh well look at YOU" etc... And I find is SUPER RUDE AND ANNOYING!! I don't know how to react... I usually just grin and nod or something but it's so awkward... They act like they've never seen anything that costs over 100$ before....

How do you guys handle this type of commentary?

It's just too bad for them that you're so fabulous! lol. I know it's easier said than done, but who cares what others think. Be you. If they don't like it, it's their loss.

I sometimes get the "I couldn't spend that on a bag..." in a snidey way, and just ignore it. Thats great that you couldn't spend £X on a bag - I couldn't spend £X on cigarettes or going out drinking every Friday, Saturday and Sunday :biggrin:

It a shame when we wear something that is eye catching luxury stuff out in public...you will always get some negative comments. Some people just don't get it and their just some people are plain spiteful and jealous. :Push:

You either just have to shrug it off and deal with the negative comment, or wear something that more subtle and not loud, if you can't take the negative comment at all. :smile:

Last edited:
Uhg...catty people are everywhere. You choose to invest in things that last, quality over quantity. When it's people you work with, I'm sure there are things you would like to say but don't. Continue taking the high road and just smile and have the satisfaction that you aren't like those who make comments. Those types may never grow up. Just find your inner strength and tune it out. However, if it gets so bad you don't want to go into work, then it becomes a toxic environment for you. If that's the case then I would think you should say something genuine like you don't appreciate the comments, and what you spend your money on shouldn't have to garner so much commentary. Hang in there, and good luck.

Either just ignore them or politely engage them in a conversation.

For the "must have no responsibilities", ask them what do they consider responsibilities. And when they give you a list, you can tell them you have this, this and that.

For the "oh well look at YOU", ask them on what? Ask them if they have a hobby/passion. Tell them LV is your hobby/passion.

Don't let people's comments get to you. Whenever someone comments about the bag I'm carrying and says they can't justify spending that amount or something rude I normally just laugh or tell them we all have different taste. Just let it roll off.

My boyfriend started shifting the attention to my watch to one particularly rude tourist while we were on vacation and said "don't worry about her bag, she's wearing a new KIA on her wrist" and pointed at my rolex lol so now that's our joke whenever people want to comment on anything I'm wearing.

Buy and wear what you want as long as it makes you happy girly!

I say you do not owe anybody an explanation. Anyone that feels the need to comment in this manner does not deserve a second of your time. Do not even acknowledge it.

When people are envious and want what someone else has the only thing for them to do are make snide comments. Comments like "I'd never spend that much on that" or "You must not have any responsibilities". Really to me comments like these do not deserve responses. For one I will not defend what I spend money on to anyone (well okay my DH but even then). I have commented and I tell them "You do you and I'll do me"! Simple as that. Do not let anyone make you feel bad for doing you!

Be Blessed MoNikki

When people are envious and want what someone else has the only thing for them to do are make snide comments. Comments like "I'd never spend that much on that" or "You must not have any responsibilities". Really to me comments like these do not deserve responses. For one I will not defend what I spend money on to anyone (well okay my DH but even then). I have commented and I tell them "You do you and I'll do me"! Simple as that. Do not let anyone make you feel bad for doing you!

Be Blessed MoNikki

+1
I totally agree!!!

Hey guys,

On any given work day I can be seen carrying my Infini Porte documents voyage, a Louis wallet, Louis key holder, sometimes LV shoes, sometimes bracelet... And tiffany bracelet, ring and a good watch...

A lot of people legitimately compliment my taste etc... But a lot of people make sarcastic backhanded comments about how I'm obsessed, or I must have no responsibilities, or "oh well look at YOU" etc... And I find is SUPER RUDE AND ANNOYING!! I don't know how to react... I usually just grin and nod or something but it's so awkward... They act like they've never seen anything that costs over 100$ before....

How do you guys handle this type of commentary?
Do not defend yourself to no one, ignore the nasty comments and smile. You look fabulous, in order for them to comment and whenever they are tired they will stop talking trust me. My mom always says to me if you do not have nothing nice to say keep your mouth shut but I know it is hard but ignore the haters!!! Live your life to please yourself and no one else:smile:

Hang in there. The negative people around you are just trying to make themselves feel better at your expense. I hate bullies. Just ignore them, put on a smile and remember why these things make you happy :smile: there is no need to justify it to anyone else! I love Cornish mom's quote: "you do you and I'll do me!"

Dont mind them..as long as youre spending your own money their comments doesnt matter at all...its not like you got your money from stealing or whatever..you work hard for it. People have preferences. Some spend on cars, new cell phones, sunglasses, watches or rubber shoes..

I say you do not owe anybody an explanation. Anyone that feels the need to comment in this manner does not deserve a second of your time. Do not even acknowledge it.

+1. I get a lot of hate, comments, remarks, etc. myself because my Mom in particular likes to spoil me a lot. They think I'm just a brat that gets everything handed to me and that I'm not appreciative or don't understand how much my parents had to do to get to where they are, you know? Or that I legitimately buy some of the things myself!

Honestly, just ignore it and keep being fabulous. Enjoy your fantastic taste and do you, always! It's shocking how much doing that and smiling can make people angry, lol. I love it.