people who steal suck!

I used to live in an apartment building in which one of our neighbors had a bad drug habit. Everyone in our building started noticing that missing items--a CD here, a video game there--...Turns out that our drug-addict neighbor was...stealing stuff to sell for drug money...

Either he was doing a whole lot of stealing in many, many buildings, or he had a DEEP-discount dealer. :P

I don't think you can get a whole lot of drugs for a few CDs. My guess is that he was getting stuff from your building just for his own enjoyment, or as little gifts to present to his dealer in hopes of getting favored client perks, and stealing whatever he was selling to buy drugs from somewhere else!

Being robbed is awful.

Can you ask your friends who have the music you like to burn copies of your missing CDs for you?

Burning copies of CD's is stealing also. From the artists & people who created those products. Just like stealing it off the shelves at the record store.
Yes, being robbed is awful. Especially when you are an artist & people are literally stealing your livelihood. Sorry but there is no justification for it.

i believe in Karma too. i hate to point the finger so i've just sat back and observed. a few trusted friends haven't come around in a while. my roommate and i are just really hurt. we let NO ONE in our apartment. it's rare we invite people up. we ENJOY OUR PRIVACY. when we invite people over we feed them entertain them and make sure they have a nice time while they're here. it's always an event. for someone to do this to us just hurts.

but you're right. what goes around comes around.

i'm glad i have such wonderful insight from everyone. definately eases the pain of it all! :yes:

Either he was doing a whole lot of stealing in many, many buildings, or he had a DEEP-discount dealer. :P

I don't think you can get a whole lot of drugs for a few CDs. My guess is that he was getting stuff from your building just for his own enjoyment, or as little gifts to present to his dealer in hopes of getting favored client perks, and stealing whatever he was selling to buy drugs from somewhere else!

Meth is cheap. Besides, this was the mid-nineties--before the days of free downloads--so you could get a decent price for CDs back then. We had a total of ten units in our building, so over a time span of a year, a little here, a little there could get you a decent amount to help fund a cheap drug habit.:P

On a similar note, my DH just took a bunch of old CDs to Amoeba (a local music store) and received $40 worth of store credit (he would have had $30 had he just taken the cash.)

OP I know how you feel, me and my husband had the rims stolen off our truck a month ago in front of our apartment complex....and just a week ago someone tried to steal his motorcyle. We were like WTF can't people get out and get a freakin:cursing: job to work for what they want but I gues everybody don't think like that.

oi vay, i'm sorry people have to go through it. i knew prior to posting this i'm not alone, but as handbag collectors, we all know that money is spent on things that you want, and when you want something, you have to work for it.

UGH to people who are going no where in their lives and try to bring people down with them. boooo!

i'm cuttin my losses.... :boxing:

I cannot stand people who steal, liars, cheaters.
Apparently people are too busy working ....or not doing anything at all to teach their kids some moral lessons.
I always thought that if you cannot get something you want because you did not have the $$$ or whatever, it was much more rewarding to work for it somehow than stealing it and ruining it for another person
some good ol' motivation.. ya know?

Im sorry to hear about your loss, good luck getting them back one way or another