People who sell a plethora of bags!

happeekore

woot.
Feb 10, 2009
Ok, so when we see people who are selling 293891283 Coach bags, our first instinct is that they are FAKE!

Has anyone come across a person who sells a lot of one brand, but sells authentic stuff?

I would imagine them being stolen!!

Thoughts?

So, if I list a bunch of Chanel and Coach bags at the same time you are going to assume that they are either fake or stolen?

What if someone has a big collection and wants to get rid of a few bags that they never wear?

^^ I can see this with Coach but can't really understand it with most brands. With Coach, someone can go to an outlet and sell the items on Ebay while still making a small profit (to those of us that have NO access to any good stores). I also guess some people could work at a designer store and be using their discount to purchase the bags (although I know this was a No-no in the retail stores I worked at), then sell them at just below retail and make a profit.

Well, I am being a critical speculator (you have to with this kind of thing)

I am talking more about people who have hundreds of gucci/coach/LV purses and wallets, being sold every other day. I mean, if one can afford to have so many, why sell on ebay?

I am just wondering what other situations there are, and having a crap load of bags is one of them!

Well, I am being a critical speculator (you have to with this kind of thing)

I am talking more about people who have hundreds of gucci/coach/LV purses and wallets, being sold every other day. I mean, if one can afford to have so many, why sell on ebay?

I am just wondering what other situations there are, and having a crap load of bags is one of them!

They can also be consignment businesses such as Fashionphile, who has over a hundred bags listed at a time. People consign their bags and they sell them. Fashionphile is totally legit and authentic.

You could also be a person who is a compulsive recycle or auction shopper like me. I bought my first leather purse at age 8 in a recycle store for 50 cents. That was a lot of money back then in the middle ages....

The ones to be ware of, are people who have a lot of the exactly the same item, and who don't use the photographs that would tell you anything about the actual authenticity of the item.:confused1: Even if they are listing something similar, if it is a high value item, something should change, like a serial number etc. Lots of brands have specific serial numbers. These can also be faked, so be careful and ask lots of questions. Learn all you can and enjoy shopping.:yes:

Honestly, I know there are a lot of honest sellers out there but if I see someone with tons of purses on e-bay my first thought would be fake. I may do more research to find out they are real but it does raise red flags in my eyes. Mainly because there are so many sellers that list a ton of counterfeit bags every single day.

There are some very reputable sellers who list many designer bags that are authentic.

There are also many sellers, some "powersellers" who list many counterfeit designer bags as some think they can purchase them "wholesale".

The best thing to do is to post the link to the auction you are interested in purchasing in the appropriate "Authenticate This" thread before bidding.

If you are aware of a seller selling counterfeits, please report them and expose them.
(Some subforums also have a place for fakes thread)

ALso peruse each designer's shopping subforum as most have list of reputable sellers.