People Staring At Your Large Rocks????

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So any of you have people stare :wtf:at your large diamond engagement rings? I sometimes feel uncomfortable wearing mine (3+), because of the stares and comments made.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Isn't that part of the reason to have a large rock??:P

But seriously, if there are times when you feel uncomfortable or uneasy you should buy/wear something else like an eternity band. I don't wear my ring sometimes (which is not 3+) when somewhere where it doesn't seem appropriate.

3. I'm definitely guilty of being that staring bystander. :drool:

4. Honestly? It's Friday night and I'm tired and I read this as, "people staring at your large, er, knockers?"
    :graucho:

And I thought, "Of course, but what is this doing in the jewelry forum?"
    :P

That made me LMAO, which I needed today.

As to staring at large rings. . . well, mine's not big enough for that. But I do find myself staring at my friend's. All the time!

5. ^^ LOL, how funny!! "large knockers" HAHAHAHA.

another guilty one here too[​IMG]

6. LOL! Get your had outta the gutter! :P

Yes, sometimes I do. I actually didn't choose a big ring so others could gawk.:nogood:
    If it's women for some reason I don't mind too much but if it's men and depending on where I am I can get uneasy. It really depends on HOW they're looking at it too.
    I really need a small eternity band to wear when I don't want to wear my ring.
    I am not an attention seeker, so obvious attention of any kind isn't really comfortable for me.

I was in a mall last week and a group of young guys seemed to notice my ring and the way they were trying to get a look at it freaked me out. It was just me and my 7yr old DD. I took it off and put it in my LV zippered pouch in my purse. :s

7. Mine is over 4 carats and I find when I am alone and not around people I know - i.e. mall, checking out of the grocery store, etc. I turn my ring. I also tend to keep my left glove on more.
    No point in taking chances.

8. ^^ that's a good way to eep people from checking it out at the store, just turn it over. i know somebody that does that too and sometimes i turn my ring around when i'm in sketchy areas.

9. I don't mind it if they are only admiring the ring. What I don't like is when they look at the ring then stare at me from head to toe, probably analyzing if I look like the kind of person who can afford a big rock and if it's real. :P

10. #10 Jan 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
    nahh, i am really proud to wear anything my honey gets me and this is definitely one of them, and it's nice to get sincere compliments..i humbly say thank you with a smile and then compliment them back on their e-ring too, or handbag, shoes, etc.. i don't mind being stared at from head to toe, it's a real compliment specially ifit's coming from someone i admire as well.

11. In this economy, I find that it is better to wear the bigger e-ring either in private or at public events that are more formal or "contained." Big rings are gorgeous, but a lot of people are really suffering financially right now and it seems that it could be taken as "in the face" statement --even if that is not the intent. Plus, as someone mentioned, if a group of people are checking out your hand--well, that is sort of dangerous, no?

As a trend a lot of splashy "logo" clothing is really disappearing from the scene--and I think its for these reasons.

12. Hi,
    just put your hand in your pocket-i wouldent take it off for anyone!

13. ^^yes, could be dangerous, that's exactly why I acted quickly and moved along!

14. I love and admire large rings...but I cant get myself to buy one because of this reason...but I certainly dont mind seeing them. one time, this lady had a ring that was 6+ and I just couldnt help but stare for a while...it was huge!!! She looked uncomfortable so I quickly looked away and felt bad....

Personally, I love different designs and fall for unique designs more than anything....I have a hard time wearing these even, and can imagine it would be a bit unnerving at times with ppl keep looking...

15. mine is only 1.5 so not as big as your lovelly rings.. but still i get uneasy at times cuz i have a wedding band full of diamonds and teh sides etc and stuff are also full of diamonds