People posting questions about "fake" bags.

Melocoton

Sweet
O.G.
Nov 24, 2005
A concern I have:
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I'm seeing an increase in threads from people asking about new bags/patterns/accessories that are fake. For example, recently there was a thread asking if anyone has seen any fake Louis Vuitton Damier Azur bags. I have a sneaking suspicion that some, not all, are asking this type of question because they want to buy a counterfeit bag. I'm concerned that people on tPF are innocently answering these threads with answers like, "Sure, I've seen fake Azur pieces at such and such." I know we cannot conquer the world here, but I'm concerned that people are condoning "fake" bags without even realizing they are doing so.

I firmly believe in either buying the real deal or not buying at all so it's frustrating to see this.

Has anyone else noticed this or had this concern?

I don't think I have seen such a trend appear - especially since most links to faux sites are being reported and removed quickly.

iv noticed a slight influx in those sort of threads too. and new people asking questions that im slightly suspicious of, stuff about dust bags and tags and alignment and things that i know i wouldnt consider. i can think of one thread i saw a few weeks ago asking about dust bags and no1 asked why the OP wanted to know so much they just answered.
maybe im just paranoid.