People making YouTube video reviews of replica LVs and pretending they're real.

lvaddict89

Jul 21, 2012
It's one thing to buy a fake and lie to people that it's real. But can someone help me understand why anyone would make videos about their fakes and review them as the authentic thing time and time again?

http://youtu.be/cfgC-6NAb-Y

This kid makes me so confused
"itsmeblakeb" on YouTube

I truly feel bad for him but the SAD thing is that I've seen TPF regulars compliment his bags on his channel. It's mind boggling that people can't instantly detect that they're fake and I'll never understand the motive behind it

The reason why it upsets me so much is I used to think LV was crap. My friend used to have fakes that were passed off as real. It took me a year to realize they were really good fakes. It seriously made me hate the brand, until u started buying pieces and becoming hooked.

Ok rant over :smile:

It's one thing to buy a fake and lie to people that it's real. But can someone help me understand why anyone would make videos about their fakes and review them as the authentic thing time and time again?

"itsmeblakeb" on YouTube

I truly feel bad for him but the SAD thing is that I've seen TPF regulars compliment his bags on his channel. It's mind boggling that people can't instantly detect that they're fake and I'll never understand the motive behind it

The reason why it upsets me so much is I used to think LV was crap. My friend used to have fakes that were passed off as real. It took me a year to realize they were really good fakes. It seriously made me hate the brand, until u started buying pieces and becoming hooked.

Until I started **

Whaaa???? His whole collection is fake? :weird:
For a second they looked fine...this is why I am never on the authentication forum to answers someone authentication request! Because I don't have good judgment to make a call and I don't have enough items in my collection either! :roflmfao:

Last edited:
I know it's illegal to sell counterfeits. But I think it should also be illegal to buy/use/promote fakes! I can't comprehend why people would do this, and it's sad there's a large community of people out there like that. It's awful.

Omg!!!!!!!!
I bought bosphore yesterday n before buying tmit I watched his video multiple times and did not realize that was fake
I don't support fake stuff and people who buys fake **** n pretend that it's real
I gotta learn more since I couldn't even tell the video that I was watching was fake!!!

I can never tell the authenticity of a bag unless they were obviously fake (eg. droopy floppy handles) or if I have them in my hands...
How can you tell that his bags are fake? O.O

And this kid looks fairly young...to me like a teenager!! Even if he's not a teenager, it's sad that he is starting out so young with this sort of behavior. Makes for a fake future!! :tdown:

"itsmeblakeb" on YouTube

LVAddict...I can relate to what you are saying because I use to feel the same way. I use to would not purchase LV because next to GUCCI, it was one of the most 'knocked off' designer luxury brands and as a person like me with an untrained eye, you couldn't tell what was real and what was fake until I started to research the brand and do some fact checking about the brand and learn the history. It's only been since as of late that I have become a keen lover of the brand and have purchased 5 bags in the last couple of months (OUCH!!) :P Now I have taken the attitude that I can give a rat's patootie what other people carry, I am only concerned with what I have and know that everything I carry is authentic. This kid is wayyyy to young to be adopting such a horrible habit of carry fakes and lying. This makes for a bad future for such a young, cute kid!

I went back to watch it again n it looks fine to me
Could u tell us why u think his stuff are fake? Especially on the bosphore

If you look at the right side of the backpack (I believe it's the right side) you can see the long seam where is not a continuous piece of canvas, You can see it more clearly when he tries on the backpack & turns to his side very quickly on that side.

I really shouldn't of given this guy a view, but wanted to check out his Chanel so I know not to watch another one of his videos.

I went back to watch it again n it looks fine to me

Could u tell us why u think his stuff are fake? Especially on the bosphore

His keepalls are very off. The handles aren't the right thickness and length , the stamping for the size is too far from the leather piece that connects to the strap, the hardware is off etc

The backpack is harder to tell but just the overall construction and hardware are very off

I can never tell the authenticity of a bag unless they were obviously fake (eg. droopy floppy handles) or if I have them in my hands...
How can you tell that his bags are fake? O.O

I guess just buying and selling so many over the years you just get used to the details. His are definitely off in many ways. I kinda feel bad for starting this thread bc if he sees it he might feel bullied. I just wanted to express that people passing fake off as real almost made me hate the brand bc I didn't understand how LV was supposed to be "good quality" or "beautiful"

Good thing I know better now

I guess just buying and selling so many over the years you just get used to the details. His are definitely off in many ways. I kinda feel bad for starting this thread bc if he sees it he might feel bullied. I just wanted to express that people passing fake off as real almost made me hate the brand bc I didn't understand how LV was supposed to be "good quality" or "beautiful"

Good thing I know better now
I wouldn't feel too bad if I were you, someone would have said something sooner or later!