Workplace People in my office are horny toads. . .

"it's not who you know....it's who you blow"

i don't think it's appropriate work behavior to be bumping uglies in a supply closet, nor should some chick be talking to some dude's zipper.... im by no way a prude.

now after hours...when NO one is around..and you are off the clock...surely..then it's just an office. find all the paper towels that you want :graucho:

"it's not who you know....it's who you blow"

i don't think it's appropriate work behavior to be bumping uglies in a supply closet, nor should some chick be talking to some dude's zipper.... im by no way a prude.

now after hours...when NO one is around..and you are off the clock...surely..then it's just an office. find all the paper towels that you want :graucho:

I believe OP said this occured around 8 pm. I assume that is after-hours.

i saw that...and that it why i stated when NO one is around...if it's after hours and others are working late...then for sure NO WAY! if it's after hours and you 2 are alone...then well that is their choice on how they spend their time :]]

I work at a school and there's a custodian and teacher that have a relationship together. Both are married and have kids, but that doesn't stop them. They have been found in closets, classrooms, and the shed many times together. People have heard moaning and have actually seen them in the act. The custodian carries around a towel and uses it to clean up when he is done. It's really gross to do this in the workplace, especially in classroom and on the desks that the children use everyday while in school. Human resources know about what goes on, but nothing is ever done.

Oh no, I am not that kind of a person to snitch on people, whatever they do it’s their business as long as it doesn’t affect me and my job. I was just taken back by the closet incident, and then turn around today, saw the desk action. It’s just seems to me people in our office really don’t care about their integrity.

A little flirting like light banter or teasing is okay around the water cooler or copier but not standing between a guy's legs in his office, that's shameful. I'd too be a bit turned off by their lack of discretion or notion of propriety in the workplace. I worked in a Fortune 100 company and I have seen corporate-world behavior. It's tightly controlled at times. Many times one worker left so that they could have a relationship where there would be no conflict, that is a better alternative than carrying on during company time.

I mean it's one thing to flirt harmlessly because there is the gender attraction, but to show subconscious sexual desires through body language can be out of line. If their physical flirtation really keeps up with words can that be overheard, I'd actually walk over to the office and close their door :P Passions are normal but people really need some decorum in the (corporate) office.

I had a supervisor (married) who was carrying on with another supervisor for quite some time. It seemed whenever he was let go of a job, she'd follow him to the new place. I had to work for him and I put it out of my mind. I did much of his work for him while he hung out in her office and outside the building for hours. I knew the other supervisor's assistant and we compared notes of how many times these two people always had plans in the same city for "convention" or "visiting family". They never showed any flirting or body language while on company time, except for the long absences from their own offices just hanging out with each other. They hid it very well from the managers. Well, my supervisor was forced to resign shortly after I left. Of course the female supervisor followed him to his new employment... whatever floats their boat I guess :P

the only time i've seen that kind of behavior at work was when i worked in restaurants as a waitress. there was so much OTT flirtation at every restaurant.

Why does it have to be about integrity? Again, were there clients in the area? I would guess that if there were, it wouldn't have happened. These people probably just submitted to their desires a bit. I don't see an issue with that...as long as they were discrete (again, aside from the cheating aspect). Love happens and as long as it wasn't in the open, what's the issue? Has no one shown love/affection in a public place before?

Well, he is a supervisor well established in the organization and making well over six figures and she is a coworker, and also makes over six figures, both can afford a hotel room, when they lower their standards for a closet I believe their code of moral/values have been lowered.

I really understand the "in the moment" groove, and "love do happen", and "you should show it in a public place" thing, but that’s not clearly the issue, when our hours of operation is from 6:00AM – 8:30PM, our field office on the west coast don’t close until 9:00 EST, and on any given day people in our office will work until 9:00PM so you really don’t know who will popup around the corner, it’s inappropriate especially in a work place. Also, if he was my supervisor, he really couldn’t tell me anything about work ethics.

Im sure he was just interviewing her for a promotion:roflmfao:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

God this cracked me up!

In all seriousness though, this is ridiculously unprofessional behaviour - I would have called them on it, like "Did you two just come out of the closet together?"... or I would have given them my best pointed look, at the very least LOL

At my old job, a retail chain, I opened up one morning w/two others and we found a condom wrapper on the keyboard in the back office. Me and the other girl knew that the manager and another coworker were getting it on, but the guy who opened up with us went bat sh!t over it and left. So I called the wrapper's owner and told him that he should bang the manager in the stock room next time. 10 minutes later our manager came and was apologizing so much. I really didn't care, I just found the reaction to the wrapper slightly amusing :ninja:

Some people are so stupid.
I would just stay as far away from this mess as possible, these things have a way of taking care of themselves.