People from Holland or Belgium?

I've been there, and they have a pretty nice collection now... They also have some Paris Biarritz bags, classic flaps (not exactely sure what they are called. I'm a rookie). I haven't checked the sale :blink:, I only had eye for the new collection... I bought a wallet, but I'm going back to buy the classic flap, it's soooo pretty! You guys should definitely have a look! :drool:

I like buying my bags on vacation, that makes it extra special....Only when I have to, I buy in amsterdam.
I still haven't been to the Amsterdam Chanel boutique..I'm curious though. I have heard from others that Hugo is a real pain if he wants to...don't like that at all. I know more ladies, who avoid buying Chanel in Amsterdam and travel to Bruxells for the ultimate Chanel experiance! And i totally agree with that!

So tell me, did anyone buy some goodies at the sale in Amsterdam??

this is not good that i found this thread: my boyfriend is dutch and we go to holland all the time, especially to amsterdam since he has to go to the american embassy to renew his visa. when he goes, i usually kill some time in pc hooftstraat by visiting all the shops. so not good for my wallet! :P i didn't get a chance to visit chanel the last time i was there but plan to this coming july/august. i will be sure to avoid this SA hugo since he sounds really snobby! (i never encountered a snobby dutch before). they should have all the new fall stuff by the time i arrive there, no? :nuts:

Are you here yet??;) Enjoying your stay??

Hi,
Wow, great to learn there a so many dutch girls on the forum! That's a nice way indeed to talk about where we can get our goodies :smile:

When I bought my madison a few weeks ago, the sale had already started, though I didn't see any bags on sale, only clothing and accesoires.. but correct me if I'm wrong. I was actually wondering if they had some bags on sale as well (could never hurt to get another one on a great deal :biggrin:)
Hugo was the one who helped me order it, he was quite nice. Though you do get a 'scan' everytime you enter the boutique...

Well, if any of you girls ever need a shopping buddy to accompany you to the boutique, don't hesitate to post me a message! (unfortunately my girlfriends are not into designer stuff..) So we can drool together on the must-haves :party:

Hi,
Wow, great to learn there a so many dutch girls on the forum! That's a nice way indeed to talk about where we can get our goodies :smile:

When I bought my madison a few weeks ago, the sale had already started, though I didn't see any bags on sale, only clothing and accesoires.. but correct me if I'm wrong. I was actually wondering if they had some bags on sale as well (could never hurt to get another one on a great deal :biggrin:)
Hugo was the one who helped me order it, he was quite nice. Though you do get a 'scan' everytime you enter the boutique...

Well, if any of you girls ever need a shopping buddy to accompany you to the boutique, don't hesitate to post me a message! (unfortunately my girlfriends are not into designer stuff..) So we can drool together on the must-haves :party:

HOw Nice!! DO you live in Amsterdam?? Are you Dutch yourself??
Well If I need to face Hugo I'll definitly cal for your help!:P

Were you in Chanel in Amsterdam recently? Do you know if they currently have any Reissues in stock? TIA...

eiffel21, not sure if this helps, but i didn't see a single reissue there, there were some classic flaps with the mademoiselle/reissue locks (in very gorgeous colours) and the classic flaps with the bijoux chains. i was in paris about 2 weeks ago and i didn't see any reissues either. the funny thing though is that when i bought my bordeaux reissue in the chanel in amsterdam in february, it wasn't displayed on the shelves and Michelle (the SA) didn't call it the reissue either. she simply brought up a couple of bags from the store room and one of them just happened to be the reissue. so i reckon it'd be good to just ask them if you don't see it on the shelves. particularly since when i was there in mid-june, i saw the modern chain bags displayed on the shelves one day and 2 days later, they had changed the shelf displays and the modern chains weren't shown anymore (although they had it in stock).

I know this is an old post but the picture that started the thread is a cerf tote - cannot tell if its the large or medium... I live in the Hague and there is a little boutique here which has a nice collection - Fred van Wordragen. I find the prices a teeny bit better than the ones in the US, but only barely..... Only visited the Chanel in AMS once but they did not seem to be very knowledgeable..... I had also called before and thought the same thing... but hope to hop on the train and visit sometime soon perhaps it was the people I spoke to. I did speak with Michelle in AMS recently and she was so nice. I was looking for a large Cambon reporter but of course that is gone.... Did anyone go for the sale last month?

^ i don't think the bag is the PST/GST. although i'm not sure what the name of it is. perhaps someone could help you out.

i bought my reissue from the chanel in amsterdam but the SAs there didn't call it the reissue, she just called it a flap with a different lock. i conversed with her in english though, so i'm not sure if perhaps there is a more specific term/name for it in dutch.

So glad i found this thread. I'm about to move to Brussel this fall but untill then, my BF will be visiting there in about two weeks. Do any of you know if there is a Chanel boutique in Brussel, or perhaps at the airport? I'v been to the one in Antwerpen but don't remember if I ever seen one in Brussel.

I want to buy the GST w/Sh but i want to know if I should buy it there or at the Heathrow airport. Unfortnally you never know if Heathrow has the bag in stock or not. Last time they didn't, which made me :crybaby: I´ll be sure to call in advance but you never know.

eiffel21, not sure if this helps, but i didn't see a single reissue there, there were some classic flaps with the mademoiselle/reissue locks (in very gorgeous colours) and the classic flaps with the bijoux chains. i was in paris about 2 weeks ago and i didn't see any reissues either. the funny thing though is that when i bought my bordeaux reissue in the chanel in amsterdam in february, it wasn't displayed on the shelves and Michelle (the SA) didn't call it the reissue either. she simply brought up a couple of bags from the store room and one of them just happened to be the reissue. so i reckon it'd be good to just ask them if you don't see it on the shelves. particularly since when i was there in mid-june, i saw the modern chain bags displayed on the shelves one day and 2 days later, they had changed the shelf displays and the modern chains weren't shown anymore (although they had it in stock).

HI! Do you know wether the classic flap is cheaper in Paris than in amsterdam? I will be travelling to Paris soon. According to a sa in amsterdam there is no price difference however, I did hear some hesitation in her voice.

btw: for the one who was looking for the large cambon reporter in black. I bought one in Feb at AMS! I was lucky since there was one left in Paris, so they shipped it over...

HI! Do you know wether the classic flap is cheaper in Paris than in amsterdam? I will be travelling to Paris soon. According to a sa in amsterdam there is no price difference however, I did hear some hesitation in her voice.

btw: for the one who was looking for the large cambon reporter in black. I bought one in Feb at AMS! I was lucky since there was one left in Paris, so they shipped it over...

Lucky you!! I would sell my granny :P for a large black Cambon Reporter!! Just kidding, but I can kick myself for having this bag in my hand in Madrid and just gave it back...wth was wrong with me!!!! I want one tooooo:crybaby:

The prices in Paris and Amsterdam are the same.
The Boutique on Heathrow, are cheaper because of the tax free shopping!!

Lucky you!! I would sell my granny :P for a large black Cambon Reporter!! Just kidding, but I can kick myself for having this bag in my hand in Madrid and just gave it back...wth was wrong with me!!!! I want one tooooo:crybaby:

The prices in Paris and Amsterdam are the same.
The Boutique on Heathrow, are cheaper because of the tax free shopping!!

Thx for your reply Farah! I am sorry you missed it.. When I ordered mine I was actually still doubting, coz it was so expensive!! But I did not regret on this bag.
I saw at this forum that the US sells the Jumbo flap for about $2200, that's about 1600 Euro's. This is the price that they ask in ams for the medium classic flap!! So that's why I was wondering :confused1:

^^
Hmmm weird..did you speak on the phone or saw it IRL??

I'd say go and see for yourself...it's like SA's all over the world have different ideas about the bag names and sizes.

I hope, that one day I'll own the reporter. Twice I had the chance... once in Madrid and last dec I was in Paris and held this bag in my hand..I just couldn't justify the price..I asked the Sa if this would still be available in the summer..(that gave me some time to work on my bf:graucho:) and than in march I believe the rumor was confirmed that this bag was no longer available...If I could only turn back time...
So If you ever see this bag in a store, it is meant for me!!! Just alarm me :yes: