People forgetting what they actually asked for!?

danaan

Etsy-o-holic
O.G.
Aug 11, 2009
I usually use the normal postal service for sending out sold items, but there are also all kinds of other private services available in my country. So I sold books to someone who specifically asked me to send it with Hermes (they charge for size of the box and not the weight - so with books it makes sense to use it). He asked me to send the tracking number, which of course I did (in fact I always do that no matter which service I use). Now I get an e-mail where he asks what kind of service I used and where he can look it up *very big sigh* ... is it just me or is that guy senile or maybe just stupid!?

Well, that's it with my "rant for today"! ;)

danaan

Etsy-o-holic
O.G.
Aug 11, 2009
Well, he did receive the e-mail, because we've been writing back and forth all the time and the previous e-mails are always included. Maybe he didn't "find" the homepage where he can enter the tracking number, who knows? So I sent him a direct link to it. Frankly, I got the impression he's generally a bit on the weird side if you know what I mean. But I'm sure we all can tell our stories about the weirdos out there...

danaan

Etsy-o-holic
O.G.
Aug 11, 2009
I knew this was going to end badly. I usually check tracking of everything I send out, as I occassionally have to remind people to get their box from the PO. The postal service the buyer wanted (the cheap version in obviously every sense of the word) now CAN'T FIND THE DARN ADDRESS. :rant:
When the buyer checks tracking and sees this, I'm sure, he'll blame poor old me (I checked the address he gave me and compared it to the one I put on the box - it's the same, no error on my behalf). Well, if they really send the package back, I will of course pay back the money for the items. And then he'll complain about having had to pay for shipping. I can already smell trouble ahead. Boy, the situation just really stinks!!!

danaan

Etsy-o-holic
O.G.
Aug 11, 2009
Figures... I really don't like them and I freak out whenever I'm waiting for a package send with Hermes.

Stuff like that NEVER happened to me with normal postal service here. I also never had problems with DHL or DPD or UPS (as a buyer), but with Hermes ... I remember that some mail-order companies used their service for a short time here in Austria before the complaints got out of hand and they choose to go back to normal postal service. That was years ago and I hoped they'd improved their service. Obviously I was wrong. One thing's for sure, I'll never use Hermes again. Ever.
BTW aren't quite a lot of companies using Hermes in Germany? At least someone once told me. That would drive me insane too!!

Spicy87

O.G.
Aug 19, 2009
BTW aren't quite a lot of companies using Hermes in Germany? At least someone once told me. That would drive me insane too!!

I only buy from amazon occasionally, and they started using Hermes in addition to DHL. So whenever I order something I hope they'll ship it with DHL!
I also asked them if there's a way to figure out which products are sent with which carrier, so that I can avoid ordering them, but naturally they said they couldn't tell me. :-s But at least I know they'll take of it (and their customers) when Hermes messes up!

Personally, I only ship with the normal postal service or DHL. I've never had any problems with them.