People Don't Just Die

Actually SIDS does count here. SIDS is a name given for a syndrome where babies SUDDENLY DIE. And the syndrome is only called a "syndrome" to give parents solace because there is NOT a definitive reason behind these death. Saying that SIDS is the cause of death is the EXACT same thing as saying that someone died from death ;)
SIDS doesn't cause you to die, a baby dies in it's sleep and doctors cannot determine why, can't explain it, they call it SIDS.

thanks winona. I could not have said it better! THIS is what I was trying to say but was too lazy to elaborate!:beach:

I would not be surprised at all if it turned out to be a cardiac arrythmia caused by a medication interaction. It is not as rare as one might think. One of my sister's friends from college had this happen--she was born with long QT disorder , unbeknownst to her, and must have been taking a medication that brought it out. She was working in a bank after graduation, and just dropped to the floor...fortunately for her, one of the other tellers knew CPR and there was an ambulance with a defibrillator about 4 blocks away, which resuscitated her. She was very lucky only to have some short term memory issues from the arrest, and has an implantable defib. now.

I hope they are able to determine a cause--it won't bring him back, but it would give some closure to poor Anna Nicole. Also, if it was long QT, the new baby and Anna Nicole should be evaluated too.

If it really was something to do with the antidepressant he was taking, I certainly hope that is revealed because it may be something the public should be made aware of.

ON another note, it seems antidepressants have the potential to cause MORE harm than good. I was reading an article in People magazine where parents of teengaers were saying that antidepressants made their kids MORE suicidal and they eventually killed themselves.

Lets not turn this into a for/against anti-depressants argument - it completely takes away from the tragedy of this young man's death, and the loss his mother has suffered. All medications have side-effects, and for all the people adversely affected by them, many more are genuinely helped. I hope it doesn't sound like I consider those who do suffer side-effects as collateral, because that is not the case it all. I just don't want this to degenerate into a war of words. A young man is dead, and irresppective of the cause its a tragedy.

Lets not turn this into a for/against anti-depressants argument - it completely takes away from the tragedy of this young man's death, and the loss his mother has suffered. All medications have side-effects, and for all the people adversely affected by them, many more are genuinely helped. I hope it doesn't sound like I consider those who do suffer side-effects as collateral, because that is not the case it all. I just don't want this to degenerate into a war of words. A young man is dead, and irresppective of the cause its a tragedy.

It isn't being turned into an argument for or against them. But if they DID cause his death, the public should know. I think that is the case with ANY drug. :rolleyes:

Oh absolutely, I don't disagree wth that at all. It was this

ON another note, it seems antidepressants have the potential to cause MORE harm than good. I was reading an article in People magazine where parents of teengaers were saying that antidepressants made their kids MORE suicidal and they eventually killed themselves.

that I was referring to. From personal experience I know generalising like this can be dangerous. Hence saying there are side-effects with all medications, and that shouldn't detract from the good that can be done. I completely agree that if there is a potential threat to the public, people should be informed. But since we don't even know if that's the cause of his death, I think its premature to comment.

I don't think she got the two confused. Just elaborating on the people don't just die comment..
I think she was stating that people (yes babies are people lol) DO just die; example:SIDS

Yeah - it's known as SADS (Sudden Adult Death Syndrome)
An undetermined and unknown cause of death.

You know, I just think "they" are not ready to release the cause of death to the public - so be it. Regardless, it is a tragedy. People in the public eye are subject to this kind of curiosity and that's a price that has to be paid. I would like to know what happened (as someone said earlier) to learn from it. but I understand it isn't my affair. The longer the mystery goes on, the more the press will go after the family.

It isn't being turned into an argument for or against them. But if they DID cause his death, the public should know. I think that is the case with ANY drug. :rolleyes:

One particular individual's cause of death is not necessarily the business of the public.

None of us 'need' to know what the cause of death is here. People want to know...but they certainly don't "need" to know.

Certainly, if a dangerous pattern arises due to side effects from any particular drug, the public should be made aware of this.

I, myself, had to discontinue a medication for a medical condition when a pattern of deaths began to emerge and the drug was pulled. But do I need to know the name of each individual who died? What purpose would that serve exactly? What gives me the right to intrude on any individual's privacy?

IF a medication causes a death and the family feels the need to make that public for one reason or another....to try to get the drug pulled, for example...that is one thing. But to demand to know someone's cause of death for prurient interest is quite another.