Penny for your thoughts?

Hanakimi

Oct 29, 2013
I know a lot of people dislike them, but I kind of dig the MJ bags with the grommets. Does anyone own one of these? I'd love to hear your thoughts on the leather, construction, etc.

Also, I'm having trouble deciding between these two. I like the shape of the Nomad hobo, but I'm worried it'll be a bit big. (And the small size doesn't come in bottle green.)

A penny for your thoughts? :biggrin:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-02-16-26-50.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-02-16-26-50.png
    323 KB · Views: 269
I have had my hands on both of these styles. The Nomad is heavy but beautiful.
The smaller one is pretty too.
Well-made, gorgeous bags!!!!!!!!

You can't go wrong with either.

I have had my hands on both of these styles. The Nomad is heavy but beautiful.
The smaller one is pretty too.
Well-made, gorgeous bags!!!!!!!!

You can't go wrong with either.

Thank you for your reply, dear!

I have a lot of large bags, but I really love the shape of the Nomad. I'm 5'3 with an...uh..."ample" bust so if I wear crossbody styles, I wear them normally instead. But then I have to be wary of how far down the bag goes if I do use the longer strap.

The Gotham has a more manageable size, but the shape is classier. I wonder how I can work the juxtaposition of a classy bag in a classy shape and color with the more edgy grommets.

Nascar, did you find the heaviness of the Nomad to be a dealbreaker?

I like the Gotham better. Probably because I was torn between that one and the nolita. I did decide in the nolita for now but I may get the Gotham if it is still on sale at saks in month when I'm ready to buy again. They both have the same vibe so whichever you choose you get the look! It's just a matter of what shape you prefer.

Dang, it seems my reply didn't go through.

Thanks for the links, dear. I'm praying for a second cut at Saks.

My only concern with the Gotham is that the strap seems somewhat short. I wish I could see it in person!

Dang, it seems my reply didn't go through.

Thanks for the links, dear. I'm praying for a second cut at Saks.

My only concern with the Gotham is that the strap seems somewhat short. I wish I could see it in person!

Yes that's why I went with my Nolita when I was deciding. But like I said I still love the Gotham and may still get it.

Yes that's why I went with my Nolita when I was deciding. But like I said I still love the Gotham and may still get it.

If you do get it, I'd love to see it! :biggrin:

I saw that the Nomad's weight is 3lbs and I was like aack. But then I looked up the weight of my current work bag (a DB domed satchel) and it happens to be 2lbs 14oz so I think the weight should be ok? (^ー^;) Possibly?

If you do get it, I'd love to see it! :biggrin:

I saw that the Nomad's weight is 3lbs and I was like aack. But then I looked up the weight of my current work bag (a DB domed satchel) and it happens to be 2lbs 14oz so I think the weight should be ok? (^ー^;) Possibly?

Yeah i don't think you would notice it to be any heavier than ur DB

Ahh, I placed an order for the Nomad! ☆彡

The shortish strap on the Gotham gave me pause. If I lived anywhere remotely near a Saks, I would have gotten them both for comparison purposes, but as that isn't the case, I didn't want to have to pay for return shipping. We'll see what happens!

On that note Aundria, Saks did its second cut on sale! Gotham is now down to $791.50!

Ahh, I placed an order for the Nomad! ☆彡

The shortish strap on the Gotham gave me pause. If I lived anywhere remotely near a Saks, I would have gotten them both for comparison purposes, but as that isn't the case, I didn't want to have to pay for return shipping. We'll see what happens!

On that note Aundria, Saks did its second cut on sale! Gotham is now down to $791.50!

Thank you. I'm about two weeks away from purchasing. Keeping my fingers crossed it's still there.