Penny Dreadful on Showtime

8 weeks? Is it just a mini series?

I found last night to be creepy too.....Proteus was an incubator for a ? Was that a vampire?

I didn't take it that way. I thought the person inside Proteus said he was the "firstborn" of Frankenstein's experiments. It should be interesting to see how they work that one out.

"You have a lot of 'splaining to do Frankie!":lol:

I didn't take it that way. I thought the person inside Proteus said he was the "firstborn" of Frankenstein's experiments. It should be interesting to see how they work that one out.

"You have a lot of 'splaining to do Frankie!":lol:

I actually did not think the first born came from inside Proteus - I think he came from behind him, then tore into him from behind. This also makes him (the first born) a possible suspect for the murders in the city, other than the vampires. :smile:

EDIT: When I say the first born came from behind Proteus, he was a separate person/creature that was able to come into the house while Proteus and Frankenstein were out, then snuck up behind Proteus and tore into him from behind him. Hope that helps.

Anyway, this series has been quite good and intriguing so far. There is so much potential. I love Timothy Dalton and Eva Green in their roles. Josh Hartnett is also okay as Ethan. Their take on Dorian Gray was also quite good, IMHO. Will keep watching. I hope it keeps getting better!

I actually did not think the first born came from inside Proteus - I think he came from behind him, then tore into him from behind. This also makes him (the first born) a possible suspect for the murders in the city, other than the vampires. :smile:

EDIT: When I say the first born came from behind Proteus, he was a separate person/creature that was able to come into the house while Proteus and Frankenstein were out, then snuck up behind Proteus and tore into him from behind him. Hope that helps.

What an interesting idea. I never thought of it in way you described. That warrants another viewing. It certainly makes more sense,:smile:

Ahhh.....very interesting! Instead of coming around Proteus, he came through him! That does make sense. Thank you.

That's what I thought, because when Victor and Proteus return home, Victor closes a door that was open, I thought that implied the "firstborn" had got in through that...
Dying to see the next episode, I have to wait for it to be uploaded online as I'm in Australia :sad:

Poor Proteus, he was so sweet :crybaby:

What an interesting idea. I never thought of it in way you described. That warrants another viewing. It certainly makes more sense,

Ahhh.....very interesting! Instead of coming around Proteus, he came through him! That does make sense. Thank you.

That's what I thought, because when Victor and Proteus return home, Victor closes a door that was open, I thought that implied the "firstborn" had got in through that...
Dying to see the next episode, I have to wait for it to be uploaded online as I'm in Australia :sad:

Poor Proteus, he was so sweet :crybaby:

Thanks everyone! It's great exchanging thoughts, ideas, and opinions here.Waiting for the third episode :biggrin:

Maice, you were spot on with your idea. He did go through poor Proteus.

I have to say that the current episode did not hold my interest at all.

Thanks for the update, gracekelly. I did not get to watch episode 3 yet though (I have it recorded). DH is trying to convince me to record all the episodes and not watch until all the episodes are out, so it can be a marathon for us. I'm trying to convince him that we should just watch it weekly :graucho: