Penn & Teller: Bull****!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Anyone else watch this?

It airs on Showtime and it's been going on for six seasons.

Penn Gillette and Raymond Teller debunk what they see as pseudoscientific supernatural beliefs, popular fads, and misconceptions.

(Um . . . because I want to keep this thread open, let's stay away from the episodes dealing with religious/political topics.)

Because it's their show, most of it is dedicated to their opinions and experts who feel the same way they do.

But to make it fair, there are people with the opposing point of view.

Even if I don't agree with everything they say (or even with the way they say it) it still makes me think differently about certain things.

2. SO and I love this show and bought all the seasons on DVD. :tup: Really interesting segments IMO. I don't agree with everything they debunk but may make you question commonly held beliefs.

3. I like this show! I met Penn and Teller at one of their magic shows. Penn is SO TALL, I couldn't get over it. And, Teller actually TALKED to us! LOL I like how this show really makes you think about stuff.

4. #4 Jan 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
    I LOVE this show... I'm a huge P& T fan. I know we can't talk politics here, but mine are right in line with P&T, so I generally agree with their pov on the show.

Pretty in Pink, I also met them both at their magic show in Vegas. They spent a lot of time meeting their fans and were both gracious and let me take pictures with them. (Oh, I love your name... great song and movie)

5. Same here, WithFrises, though I have yet to see them in Las Vegas. I like that P&T don't try to act as if they're neutral parties while slyly giving only their point of view. They're pretty honest about their biases, while at the same time encouraging in their audience independent thought and research. I've been inspired more than once to do more research on a topic after watching their show.