Penelope zipper problems

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Does anyone have a Penelope shopper with sticky zipper issues? I wanted to buy a coral Penelope but my friend who is a SA at Coach talked me out of it, said most of them have zippers that are extremely hard to zip. Has anyone found this to be true?

2. My lindsay shopper espresso (although similar in style but different than the penelope shopper) the zipper is sometimes hard to do, I just think it is because it is new. I have not really used mine yet. Just on test runs around the house.

Maybe others can speak about this.

I would like to know because I am interested in possibly purchasing the penelope shopper.

3. I don't know if it's because of the rippled leather at the top of the bag that's doing it but they really are hard to zip.

4. for hard zippers use wax paper just pull the zipper through the wax paper and it should be smooth as silk :O)

5. Nice tip! One of my bags has a hard zipper...going to try this.

6. Great tip!

Thanks!

7. Thanks! I never knew that tip! Maybe we need to inform the SA at Coach! Actually, I will tell my friend and maybe sneak a piece in the store and use it before I buy my Penelope!

8. Hey me too!! I have the same bag as you and I thought it was just me!! The teal lindsay opens so much easier! I'll have to try the tips below.

9. Any zipper that is new will be a little tough in the beginning. You can use a little wax paper as suggested or simply move the zipper back and forth several times quickly.