Pen marks on light pink bag, any hope?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone,

I just received a light pink Sofia that I just love but it has a ton of pen marks all over it. What do you think is my best bet to clean them off? Rubbing Alcohol? Im so scared to ruin it!:sweatdrop:

Thanks!

2. Do not use alcohol! That can ruin the dye on the bag. Ink is very difficult to remove from a bag, especially if it's had a chance to settle in. I read that one of the members was able to remove pen with Apple Garde cleaner, but I haven't had any luck with it.

3. I would love to know the answer to that question too. I just received a leather jacket in a light grayish color and it has a pen mark that I would love to remove

4. I actually sent my Blake to Lovinmybags for different reasons, one of them being a ink mark on parts of the leather. I just got word that it was finished and being shipped out to me(great b-day present to me!) So I will let you know how it turned out. That may be an option for you:yes:

5. That's great JAP4Life! I am such a big fan of LMB... and Barbara is sooo very nice and helpful. Please do tell how it turns out...and Happy Birthday too:flowers:

6. Thank you girl! I will report asap!

7. Hairspray will remove ink. But be very careful and go slowly. Spray a white rag til it is wet and gently wipe at the spot. I did this to a Cole Haan in yellow leather, ink marks were safely removed! GL!!

8. Thanks everyone, I will try the hairspray if not maybe send it to LMB. I really love the bag so I hope they come out!!

9. I had a question, is a "white eraser" the LMB talks about the Mr. Clean magic eraser??

10. Oooh Jap4Life - I can't wait to find out how it turned out!!!!! And krasata20 - I'd wait to hear Jap4Life's results before sending it. I would definitely avoid trying anything iffy like rubbing alcohol. :smile:

11. Part of me is excited, the other part is a nervous wreck. I've heard wonderful things from Bal Gals..but still...

The thought of hairspray on my MJ leather frightens me.

12. LOL it scares me too but I really want to wear the bag out already :girlsigh:

13. I know what you mean.:Push: I believe the white eraser is in fact that Magic Eraser...Maybe try that! How old are the ink marks? Any idea?

14. I have no idea since I got it on ebay, but I would guess they are at least a few months old. I will go buy an eraser tonight and try on a spot that is not too visible.