Pen mark on my white handle ... please help.

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I was at work on Friday and noticed that someone put a blue pen mark on the handle of my white St. Louis. I know it wasn't me because I don't use blue pen at work. I'm hoping it was an honest mistake by one of the other people in the office but no one is telling me anything. I called the Goyard lady at Bergdorf where I bought my bag and she told me to use a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol and the mark would come up. It did make it a little lighter but didn't get rid of the mark all together. I'm hoping one of you all might know a better way to get the pen mark to be history. Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

2. Did your try a Mr. Clean magic eraser, sometimes that works. I would have said rubbing alcohol too, maybe try it again. To be honest since it's white, I don't think it's ever going to be completely gone.

3. NO!!!! Don't use rubbing alcohol. That might be too harsh. I would suggest a WHITE ERASER first. Gently rub it but be aware that you are rubbing the top layer so don't rub too much.

If that doesn't work, try a DRY Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. If not, try a moist one. Not dripping wet but just lightly moist. Take note also, that the magic eraser tends to leave a white residue.

Lastly, non-alcoholic baby wipes. Once again, rub gently.

Hope these suggestions help.

4. Thank you for the suggestions! I have a white eraser at work so I can try that tomorrow. If that doesn't work then I'll have to head to Target and try the Magic Eraser & baby wipes. Luckily it seems that the pen mark is on the underside of the strap so it won't be super noticeable. Will the baby wipes be good for the occasional cleaning of the outside also?

5. Yes, just left Goyard boutique in Paris and that's what they suggested--the baby wipes. She also said, now hold on, a RAZOR for dirt and grime--was a little surprised at that one.

6. Baby wipes are good for cleaning the outside.

This might sound odd but it is a ball-point pen mark or a roller ball. I would not use an eraser on ball point because that is going to smear it. If it is on the underside it's probably going to wear off so it might be best to leave it alone.

Alcohol is totally fine too, several designers recommend that. The SA's in the Chanel boutique on 57th once told me they windex the patent items to get finger prints off.

7. ^ Windex! :biggrin: LOL

8. I hopoe that whatever you did worked out for you!!!!

9. Pretty nice place you've got here. Thanks the author for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.Truly yours

10. windex

11. Saddle soap and lime works for me on glazed leather

12. how about the outside bottom corners? my white st. louis has dirt marks on the corners from wear. anyone tried cleaning it?

13. I've noticed that using baby wipes took off the visible dirt marks from the bottom corners of my white st. louis.

14. Clear hand sanitizer. The alcohol in it should take it off.

15. I'ved used baby wipes to wipe off some color transfers from my jeans and it worked pretty well. I hope it will work on ballpen marks as well. Good luck!