Pen Anyone!

1. I am in the market for a new pen to keep in my purse. I have an old Mont Blanc I purchased years ago. I am not an expert in the area.
    I would like a pen in the same price range.

2. stick to montblanc they are just the best ;)

3. I have a Parker Duofold with platinum accents which I love, it's such a wonderful writing implement. I'll admit it's cheaper than a Montblanc but as something that'll bang around in my bag, it's great, durable and lovely.

4. I have a waterman and a montblanc set. I love them both...they are truely not the same price range, but, I really do get good use from my watermans....perhaps it is because I am sentimentally attached to them...and, I am not so afraid of losing it. I keep my montblanc at my desk.

5. You should check out Cartier. I recently went pen-shopping with DH. I don't know much about pen, but he said all out of the ones we saw (including a few Mont Blancs), the Cartier one he ended up getting was the nicest.

6. The Fisher Space Pen (Bullet)
    http://www.spacepen.com/usa/index2.htm

From their website:
    "It was dependable in freezing cold and desert heat. It could also write underwater and upside down."

p.s.
    and it's true!

7. I was toying with the idea of a waterman or a montblanc for my handbag, but am afraid it may leak ink??? Is my fear justified, what have been your experiences??

8. I have had zero leaking problems with my waterman set...(I have a fountain pen as well as the standard...what do we call that????....) no worries...but I have a very nice (I love it) longchamp pen case, so no worries there...makes the pens easier to find as well:yes:

9. That's good to hear! I was thinking I may have to settle for a ballpoint pen and then cap it... but now I think I'll start looking at the fountain pen versions :amuse:

10. for that matter I don't have problems with either of my montblancs either...but then, I don't carry them in my bag....but, I am sure, with a pen case, I would not even hesitate...

you can also have an upright pen pocket in some custom bags (I just ordered one with the Jennifer Marvin bag I am waiting for... they are doing a pen case for me to fit in the pocket, which will be right next to the cell pocket (I am an organization freak...but, I hate for a bag to look too "practical"... if it can be ergonomic, and look whimsical in an elegant way...then that is my bag...having one like this with a pen case, and a pocket for that pen case, fits my crazy Organizational side to a tee...for me, this provides double leakage protection and makes my pens so easy to find at the same time :yes:

11. nope, you should be just fine with a good pen case...you know, I don't think I had ever even noticed one before moving to France...maybe I was blind??? I can't imagine putting a pen in my bag without one now....

12. I'm a journalist with a really good editor=))))
    so, I am a pen freak by nature=)

13. i have this one too

i LOVE it and it's perfect for my needs (i wouldn't want to carry a spendy pen around with me...i'd lose it), but it's not as nearly as nice as the montblanc pens i've written with. it does write upside down/up against the wall though which is SO handy.

14. I agree ilzabet. It's great!

15. I love my Mont Blanc. I'd stick with them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice