Peeling Speedy, OOOHHH MMMYYY!!!!!

drspock7

Handbag Connoisseur
O.G.
Feb 7, 2009
we've all heard the story before. someone gets a new speedy loves it to death. uses it for a month and the handles start peeling. well it happened to me too!

only i used mine about 3 weeks. took it back to the store and my SA couldn't be more helpful to exchange it for a new one and note my account in case it happened to this second bag. (she also mentioned that this DOES happen like to about 1 in every 1000 bags- although rare it does happen)

well i had to do something while she got one in the back, noted my account and talked about new items: so i picked up a new addition to the family!

Welcome the new baby; Damier Ebene ZCP :P...along with my Coach Poodle Keyfob

Attachments

• Speedy Peel.JPG
    Speedy Peel.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 249
  • Peeling Speedy.JPG
    Peeling Speedy.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 187
  • Damier Zippy.JPG
    Damier Zippy.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 168
  • Damier ZCP.JPG
    Damier ZCP.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 193
we've all heard the story before. someone gets a new speedy loves it to death. uses it for a month and the handles start peeling. well it happened to me too!

only i used mine about 3 weeks. took it back to the store and my SA couldn't be more helpful to exchange it for a new one and note my account in case it happened to this second bag. (she also mentioned that this DOES happen like to about 1 in every 1000 bags- although rare it does happen)

well i had to do something while she got one in the back, noted my account and talked about new items: so i picked up a new addition to the family!

Welcome the new baby; Damier Ebene ZCP :P...along with my Coach Poodle Keyfob

That's a happy ending! Congrats on your ZCP!

If you don't mind me asking, where was your peeling Speedy made? France, Spain or US? I've heard that this happens more often with the Speedies made in USA. Not sure if this is true. Congrats on the new addition to your LV family!:tup:

it was made in the usa. i have often checked for bags madein france, with little avail on the speedy in particular. my loot consists of bags mostly made in france and spain. only the speedy was usa.

Congratulations on getting a replacement Speedy. I had mine sent in to replace the handles. The handles were actually reglazed. They did give me a free LV dust cover--the one that it came back in.

I have been looking for handle grips--whether nylon, leather or neoprene--to prevent this from happening again as well as provide a nice cushion for my hands to carry the Speedy around.