Peeling on 4 month old speedy

simple_chic

Jun 9, 2015
Hi everyone! Today I noticed peeling near the hardware of my 4 month old speedy bandouliere [emoji17]. Do you think I should bother taking this in for repair? I am not rough on my bags but I don't know if they'd consider this normal "wear and tear." I would appreciate any advice anyone can share related to this! Thank you in advance! IMG_1487635668.502982.jpg

Reactions: Acctt

simple_chic

Jun 9, 2015
I would say it's a bit early for that to happen; take it in and see what they say.
Thank your for your input. I noticed the leather on that particular piece of hardware is more "rough" on the inside compared to the others as well. I will try taking it in!

PJW5813

Sep 7, 2015
UK
It doesn't look like peeling - more like a nick in the edge of the top surface of the leather.
But it is always best to take it back and ask.

Reactions: JadaStormy

kkfiregirl

Dec 30, 2015
Looks like peeling - these bags shouldn't be that delicate. I hope they at least repair the leather for you.

PJW5813

Sep 7, 2015
UK
What is there to peel? - a plastic coating to the leather?
Surely that is the smooth side to the leather that has been died brown.
However it does look as if the raw side of that fixing was never diet or glazed like the other.

mrsinsyder

Mar 8, 2013
Florida
What is there to peel? - a plastic coating to the leather?
Surely that is the smooth side to the leather that has been died brown.
However it does look as if the raw side of that fixing was never diet or glazed like the other.
The leather is coated.

simple_chic

Jun 9, 2015
I appreciate everyone's input. I contacted my sales advisor and sent her a photo. I wanted the part replaced and willing to pay for it. However, with that particular piece looking untreated as someone mentioned here, I thought I should check with LV first to see if it'd be covered under the warranty. This bag is otherwise flawless and while yes I have used the bag I have been careful with it.

Reactions: lvmk

lvmk

Oct 5, 2014
I appreciate everyone's input. I contacted my sales advisor and sent her a photo. I wanted the part replaced and willing to pay for it. However, with that particular piece looking untreated as someone mentioned here, I thought I should check with LV first to see if it'd be covered under the warranty. This bag is otherwise flawless and while yes I have used the bag I have been careful with it.
How did everything turn out?