Peeling nails: Should I use a rehydrating base coat, or leave them alone?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello ladies! I only recently starting painting my nails, and for the past few months I've been changing the colour every couple of days. Recently I've noticed my nails are peeling, so I've decided to leave them unpainted for a while. My question is this: while they're unpainted, should I throw on a rehydrating clear coat, or just leave them alone? Thanks in advance!

2. I know it's been a while since you asked this question but I have an answer. My daughter has this problem with her nails. They peel in layers and they are also very soft and bendy. I have helped her make significant improvements by keeping polish of any kind on her nails. Clear coat and specifically the rehydrating base coat from Deborah Lippmann are the best because she doesn't have to remove it frequently like she does if she uses color. She also uses cuticle oil. It's a hit and miss thing because she's young and not real committed to the whole nail thing yet. We keep clipping or filing them back to get behind or past the peeling part and it's working well. Good luck.