Pebbled Easy

valawyer10

Jan 23, 2010
I am a YSL newbie and have fallen in love with the Easy... I just purchased the Mauve pebbled leather Easy from Bluefly. It's gorgeous, but I have one concern: the edges looks slightly worn even though it's a new bag. I'm not sure if it's normal for the edges to look this way and/or if it's a result of slight stretching where the leather folds. Also, if this is how it looks now, will the edges become worse after I use the bag a lot? Can any Easy owners please help me -- I can't decide whether or not to keep the bag because of this! Thanks in advance!

Is there finish loss or is the leather just smooth? On mine, by the distressed/tumbled nature of the leather, it already looks worn/broken in and I've had mine less than two months. I'm having a hard time visualizing the issue. Can you post some photos? EXperts like Vesna and Cosmo can provide more insights.

I tried to capture it in these pictures but it may still be hard to see... I also attached an overall pic of the bag just for fun :smile:

The more that I look at the corners, the more I think that I might just be paranoid. Last year I bought a Marc Jacobs satchel and had only worn it twice when I noticed scuffing/wear on the bottom corners (and I don't abuse my bags), and even though its otherwise in great condition, the corners bother me every time I use the bag. I don't want the same thing to happen with the Easy.

Attachments

• IMG00082-20101213-2125.jpg
    IMG00082-20101213-2125.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG00083-20101213-2125.jpg
    IMG00083-20101213-2125.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG00086-20101213-2128.jpg
    IMG00086-20101213-2128.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 146
First of all--yowza! What a lovely color! I need not comment on the bag itself because I am huge fan of the Easy.

I think the corners look fine. It's thick distressed leather and so the lightness strikes me as perfectly normal.

Again, gorgeous bag!!!

I think the corners look fine. It's thick distressed leather and so the lightness strikes me as perfectly normal.

^Agree. Enjoy your Easy. During 2008, first year of production of this pebbled leather, there were limited problems with it being so soft that it tore or separated from seams. But I've heard of no issues with it more recently.

Last edited:
I think this is pretty normal for the pebbled easys. I think I had a similar corners on my black pebbled easy way back when. It was fresh from the factory.. Your bag is beautiful!