Which do you prefer?

• Diamond Studs

• Pearl Studs

Results are only viewable after voting.

LVLover

Hermes Only
O.G.
Jan 18, 2006
This is such a tough choice because they are both beautiful! I wear my pearl studs everyday and I am debating if I should invest in a set of diamond studs, as I'm not sure I would wear them enough to justify the cost. For those that have both sets, which do you wear more and when do you wear one set vs the other (KWIM)? I know that pearls are very delicate, however this does not play in as a factor for me personally because I can not sleep in earring or leave them in for an extended period of time because of an allergy.

I'm really curious to see how this thread pans out.....

I think it's nice to have both, I tend to wear diamonds much more because they're more durable..... My pearls are mikimoto and I baby them. My diamonds aren't the best quality but they're a good color and have a great sparkle, since they're in you ears IMHO I don't think you have to get a quality anywhere near as nice as you would for an engagement ring, just as long as they aren't cloudy, dark, or show inclusions to the naked eye they'll look beautiful in you ears..... this also enables them to be less of an investment.

I think you really need to have both. I have Mikimoto studs that I love and a small pair of diamond studs that I wear in my second hole.
I would love to have larger studs for my main holes. They offer a different, classic look from the pearls.

I think they are both basic earrings and pretty much all I wear. If you aren't sure about if you'd wear them, why not get a simulant first and try them out? QVC's Diamonique line is nice and if you get a reasonable/normal size, you really can't tell the difference on the ears. I've seen smaller rings even that are typical carat sizes and those even look like the real thing b/c they have some really nice settings- Tacori, etc. NBC also does a simulant line of CZ that looks okay- I saw it flipping through channels. If you get a try out pair in a simulant, if you don't wear them, then it is not a big loss.

I think both are basics! I have and wear both pearl and diamond studs and those are the only earrings I wear. I travel with my pearls because I don't like to take my diamond jewelry when I travel. I guess pearls are delicate but I have had the same pair that was given as a gift when I was very young and I still have them and wore them a lot and they are fine and I didn't "baby" them at all but I didn't wear them in water or anything like that.

Reactions: coleigh
Before I got my diamond studs I wore my pearl studs almost every day. Now I wear my diamonds almost every day. I love both, but if I had to choose I would choose diamonds.

i love my diamond studs. they're channel set in white gold which make them look a tad bigger. they're only 1 carat total weight, but because of the setting, they look bigger than that. not only that, just to ensure they don't get lost or fall out easily, i have screw posts so they're really secure.

i used to have a pair of pearl earrings, but never wore them. i think i sold them at a pawn shop years ago, i don't remember. i know i don't have them anymore but i rarely, if ever, wore them.

you can't go wrong with diamond stud earrings. they're classic! and a very good investment.

Another vote for diamond studs! I wear mine everyday,and never worry about perfume,shampoo or any other products damaging them as can sometimes happen with the nacreous layer on pearls.

Diamond studs, only because I reckon you'd get more use out of them - more neutral. That said, I do like pearls, and would love to have earrings at some point, but involving a drop of some sort and maybe involving gemstones:graucho:.

I have both and I wear my diamond studs/hoop way more often. While pearl earrings are also a classic staple, I somehow feel that they are "dressier" than diamond studs.