Food PEANUT BUTTER adddicts unite!!!

BacardiGirl

FitMama Runs (and Shops!)
Aug 7, 2007
I must admit, PB ranks way up there with chocolate for me...possibly even ranked higher. So, all you other PB addicts out there, what's your fave brand and way to eat it? I love it on toast, apples, brownies, even straight out of the jar!

I'm spending 6 weeks in Argentina where PB is very, very hard to find. I actually smuggled 5 lbs down (a good part of my luggage with current international restrictions) this year as so many gringos are seriously Jonesing!!

I actually use it a good bit in cooking in addition to the usuals - I love peanut pasta (you can find a recipe on Epicurious that I tweak) with ginger, honey, red pepper flakes, and soy sauce. I add cilantro and fish sauce, and then either chicken or shrimp and any veggies I have on hand for a seriously addictive hot or cold entree that keeps great!

Of course, all the usual mixes with chocolate, apples, jelly and just straight happen, too!!

I'm spending 6 weeks in Argentina where PB is very, very hard to find. I actually smuggled 5 lbs down (a good part of my luggage with current international restrictions) this year as so many gringos are seriously Jonesing!!

I actually use it a good bit in cooking in addition to the usuals - I love peanut pasta (you can find a recipe on Epicurious that I tweak) with ginger, honey, red pepper flakes, and soy sauce. I add cilantro and fish sauce, and then either chicken or shrimp and any veggies I have on hand for a seriously addictive hot or cold entree that keeps great!

Of course, all the usual mixes with chocolate, apples, jelly and just straight happen, too!!
OMG, that pasta recipe sounds fabulous! PM me the recipe if you get a chance!! thanks!

When I spent the last three summers in the USA, I used to eat peanut butter every morning on my toast. And there was a cafe that had peanut butter brownies and cookies, so delicious!

We always had Skippy peanut butter :heart:

Here in Germany I don't eat it so often.

haha, I just had a spoonful after lunch as my "dessert"! I LOVE peanut butter and I love to put it on everything (fruit, chocolate, brownies, crepes, bread, etc.). My favorite brand, after trying many of them, is Peter Pan Creamy PB. I tried to eat the natural kind for a while, but it's not as good by the spoonful as Peter Pan. :P

Here's that spicy peanut/sesame noodle recipe I mentioned (I also pm'd the link to you BacardiGirl). It's got a bit of a satay flavor to it and is great hot or cold and with pretty much any mix of protein/veggies - I usually add carrots, scallions, red peppers, and then sometimes broccoli, baby corn, straw mushrooms, chard, zucchini, etc, etc. Great way to clean out the fridge!!

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Peanut-Sesame-Noodles-106572

Here's that spicy peanut/sesame noodle recipe I mentioned (I also pm'd the link to you BacardiGirl). It's got a bit of a satay flavor to it and is great hot or cold and with pretty much any mix of protein/veggies - I usually add carrots, scallions, red peppers, and then sometimes broccoli, baby corn, straw mushrooms, chard, zucchini, etc, etc. Great way to clean out the fridge!!

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Peanut-Sesame-Noodles-106572

that sounds yummy!....i've been looking for an cold asian noodle dish...

I love PB! I usually eat it by the spoonful or in the form of cookies.

I don't eat it often though because I'm actually allergic to peanuts LOL. My face breaks out. It's the worst when I'm eating crunchy PB :Push:

I love love love peanut butter but I have to stay away from it because my waist line was suffering:P I must admit reading these posts is making it really hard for me to fight the urge to just go crazy with the new jar of peter pan in the cupboard! I can't just stop with one spoonful hahaha

I love PB and will eat it in any form :P

My favorite kinds are Skippy Naturals Crunchy and the Amish kind from the farmers market, which is just ground peanuts with honey. Yumm!

I eat peanut butter every day. I love it on toast in the morning. I love it on rice cakes in the afternoon. I love it straight out of the jar.

I try to go somedays without eating it, but I can't go more than one day.

One of my favorite, favorite snacks is something I heard a nutritionist on the radio suggest. Even though I love peanut butter it didn't sound good to me. It is however absolutely wonderful. Wonderful!!

Peanut butter mixed into yogurt. I've done a lot of experimenting and the version I like the best is a low-fat vanilla yogurt, adding a couple teaspoons (or as much as you want). Mix it really well. It is totally dreamy! I've tried it with the greek yogurt and I don't like it half as much (although I love the Greek yogurt by itself)

have you ladies tried Peanut Butter & Company peanut butters? OMG...they are to die for!!

my fave is the white chocolate...but the dark chocolate and the cinnamon raisin are good too.

you have to try the white chocolate though...soooo good.