PCE/Price Adjustment

TenYearsGone

Amanda
O.G.
Nov 28, 2008
Hey ladies! I'm leaving in a little over an hour so please respond. I have a wristlet that I just bought and still has tags now should I just return in and re-buy it with the PCE along with other items or can they just do the price adjustment and still let me buy other stuff. What route would you take?

Hey ladies! I'm leaving in a little over an hour so please respond. I have a wristlet that I just bought and still has tags now should I just return in and re-buy it with the PCE along with other items or can they just do the price adjustment and still let me buy other stuff. What route would you take?

I've done it. Return and re-buy. Save the dollars.

Just so everyone knows, I just spoke to an SA on the phone about my PCE gone missing :crybaby: and she spoke to her manager and they WILL NOT honor any purchase/ price adjustment without an actual card :smash: She said it was because they have no access to "the list" of members who are supposed to get it...

I was really disappointed to hear this since two PCEs ago I forgot my card at home and they still gave me the discount :yes:

Whatever, I only wanted it to price adjust my Spectator Sabrina... Oh well.

Update: I went to the store for a price adjustment and she wouldn't do it so I was going to return and re-buy and I wasn't able to. I just got store credit for the wristlet because I'm going in a few days to a different FP store anyway. I actually think I'm going to use the credit towards something else anyway and pay the difference along with picking up a few other accessories.

^^ They wouldn't let you return and rebuy?
What? :rolleyes: Coach is becoming quite uptight and I don't care for it :nogood:

I probably could have but the SA was being snippy because she knew I was tying to "cheat the system" you know. I just returned the item and got store credit. I figured I'm going in a few days anyway to a different coach and if I got store credit I might not run into the same problem. Now I think I want a different item anyway so it all worked out Lol.

Just so everyone knows, I just spoke to an SA on the phone about my PCE gone missing :crybaby: and she spoke to her manager and they WILL NOT honor any purchase/ price adjustment without an actual card :smash: She said it was because they have no access to "the list" of members who are supposed to get it...

I was really disappointed to hear this since two PCEs ago I forgot my card at home and they still gave me the discount :yes:

Whatever, I only wanted it to price adjust my Spectator Sabrina... Oh well.

Maybe wait until the March PCE and get a price adjustment then?
It really sucks to have to wait to use your bag until then but it might be worth it $$$$ wise in savings.......

I really think that it depends on what SAs are working that day as to if they will bend the rules for you or not........
I had the same thing happen to me with the Dec PCE and they would not extend the discount to me either.
So instead I went to Macys F&F sale and spent my money there.

TenYearsGone said:
Update: I went to the store for a price adjustment and she wouldn't do it so I was going to return and re-buy and I wasn't able to. I just got store credit for the wristlet because I'm going in a few days to a different FP store anyway. I actually think I'm going to use the credit towards something else anyway and pay the difference along with picking up a few other accessories.

Sorry that they didnt do a price adjustment for you.
I was able to get a price adjustment tonight using the PCE.
I ordered off of the website and brought the entire order in to the boutique.
My usual SA told me that they dont normally do price adjustments (which is B.S. because they do) but she said since it was purchased within the PCE time frame that she would do it.
I explained that I ordered the bag online because I knew that they wouldnt have it there (and they didnt) and they would have had to order it and have it shipped anyway, so what is the difference?
She agreed.
Granted I would have just returned everything had she not honored it.

You arent doing anything wrong as far as "cheating the system" goes so I am not sure why the SA was snippy with you.
You would think that they would want to make the sale.......guess not!

As always, many inconsistencies! :shrugs:

The SA that said they can't look on the list to see who's getting or has gotten a PCE is total crap. I've had two different stores do that for me. And the price adjustment thing, WTH? I would have returned it all and bought it back from another store with my PCE. I can't stand snippy SA's. I've even run into a snotty manager....she lost my money. I wouldn't give a sale to them if they're being like that. I wonder why coach can't be consistent with their rules these days...with our economy the way it is, they should be trying really hard to make sales regardless.

I probably could have but the SA was being snippy because she knew I was tying to "cheat the system" you know. I just returned the item and got store credit. I figured I'm going in a few days anyway to a different coach and if I got store credit I might not run into the same problem. Now I think I want a different item anyway so it all worked out Lol.

i don't know how i missed this but for future references you could! technically. i read your post and it said that you had just brought it right? so the wristlet is still in the store. if that SA really was being snippy I would have turned around and found one that wasn't, brought that wristlet from her among other things on pce and then return the wristlet in a seperate transaction w/your original receipt.

if its a recent purchase (within 14 days sounds reasonable) i think an accomendation should have been done. of course, on the card it says it cannot be applied to previous purchases so if you had that wristlet like six months ago never used, that wouldn't fly and its because of that, that that line was written on the card. if you had purchased it the week prior not knowing you'd get a card, then thats where a manager's discretion comes in..because things need to be written black and white and followed at all stores so that theres no confusion but COME ON you just brought it. the product is in the store, if you really wanted you could have gotten it adjust some ways that LP would probably fry me if i posted it but if the product is in the store and you were being honest about it she/he should have been reasonable about it.

It was still in the box with the tags on it and the receipt from probably a week before. I ended up returning it and getting store credit that I used later on with PCE at a different location. BTW, It was the tattersall graffiti wristlet.