PCE Exchanges?

Has nothing to do with the relationship. I have a good one with my SA and have never had problems before. She said Coach is being strict about this now.

I actually hope that is the case because the inconsistencies and exceptions just devalue everything they try to do - either do it for all or don't do it, but I just feel like I've heard all of this before and still there are ways for SAs to get around it. I didn't mean to imply that I know anything first hand bc I haven't asked to exchange, I'm just going by previous experience. I just wouldn't be surprised if people have done exchanges for other items but don't want to say because they don't want to ruin it for themselves. I also wouldn't be surprised if coach changes the policy again - they would lose alot more money if people return rather than exchange - personally if I couldn't get the 30% but got a bag that didnt work, I would just return it rather than exchanging for a bag at fp- I guess I would wait for the next pce or buy it elsewhere.

I'm interested to hear what happens for op in this case with shoes.

Last edited:
I have been dealing with the same SA for a couple of years and she's always bent over backward to help me get a deal. She told me about the "directives" a few weeks ago, during the last 25% PCE (prior to the 30% PCE). She said that they are advising their customers about the new policy at the time of purchase so hopefully people won't be angry if exchanging a PCE purchase.

She also shared with me that they are required to buy new clothes for the "dress code" imposed by Coach. Apparently Coach has incorporated new colors for the SAs to wear, but they don't offer any assistance to help with that expense. Real classy, Coach. :rolleyes:

She also shared with me that they are required to buy new clothes for the "dress code" imposed by Coach. Apparently Coach has incorporated new colors for the SAs to wear, but they don't offer any assistance to help with that expense. Real classy, Coach. :rolleyes:

Lol, funny thing was how excited my SA sounded about the new dress code. She pointed out some cute dresses and outfits from the pictures and basically said "thank god, I can finally burn this blue button up shirt I have to wear all the time and get something cute!"

On topic, I heard the same from them about exchanges, after PCE is over you can only exchange for the same style/diff color, anything else would be full price.

Nope, I backordered a mini Preston but after finding out it is too small for me, I wanted to change to the regular size (same color just bigger size) and they wouldn't let me use the 30% off that I had used on the mini. They have previously for years, but now Coach won't allow it.

Ok, well, I can kind of see that. It would technically have a different style number, right? I had shoes on the brain when I was thinking about your response. You'd think that they would be ok with allowing you to exchange up though since you'd be spending more....

As for shoes, I'd say call the boutique store and ask about exchanging for a different size. It would make sense that they would allow that. (But Coach often doesn't make sense, so there you are. :biggrin:)

No go at my store too. Exchanged the lower priced color block Cooper at 30% PCE for the slightly more expensive perforated Cooper but received the Facebook 25%. Was told they couldn't do it anymore.

Seems with this new policy they are trying to stop, or reduce the number of returns.
I think they will find out that won't work with us Coachies, if the bag isn't right, or we don't love it after all, we'll just return it.

When they see us walk out without buying, I think they will ease up on this. Maybe they will leave it up to the manager to allow the exchanges with the PCE or not. I think that's the way it's been in the past anyway.

This is so bizarre! I just had a horrible experience with JAX, but my SA at our boutique made it right. She allowed me to return the bag (Bleecker Cooper) and exchange it for the perforated model which was more expensive with the 30% PCE. This was five or so days after the PCE ended. I cannot believe how horrible JAX was and Coach would have lost a customer if it hadn't been for this SA. Hope she doesn't get into trouble.