PCE and taking your advice

crissy11

O.G.
Jun 23, 2009
Hey ladies,

I had a wonderful time last night shopping with another tPFer who was kind enough to let me get in on her PCE.

So if you remember, my DH bought me the sparkle leather Poppy for Valentine's Day:

Poppy2.JPG

Well I never used it because I was SOOOO worried about it getting dirty. Last night at the store I checked a few pieces that were in this material, and there were tiny spots on them that looked like they would not come out. So somewhat reluctantly I decided to get the black one instead (didn't like any of the other colors). I thought it looked EXTREMELY boring at first, but I tried dressing it up with a couple of scarves, and that did make it look cuter. No doubt it will get used, and it seems bulletproof in terms of seeing marks or color transfer.

I was thinking of maybe exchanging the wallet for the all leather version, but I'm not totally sure - what do you guys think? They didn't have any at the store last night, it would have to be ordered.

Anyway, here and the latest PCE pics (and the Kristin I got at 40% off on Tuesday again):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The same thing happened to me once too crissy. I got a PCE and went to the store with a bag in mind. Unfortunately they couldn't order it (Japan exclusive at the time) but told me they did have it in black. I didn't see anything else in the store I wanted, but didn't want to have wasted my bf's time driving me to the boutique or waste my PCE. So I reluctantly took the black bag. It was the Parker Hippie in black. I took it home, take it out of its dustbag, and decide to snip the tags without even thinking and give it a go. I've been in love ever since. Whenever I use this bag, I never want to switch bags. It'll take me a good couple months before I do.

Now I'm not hesitant to buy black bags. I used to be because I also thought they were boring, but black goes with EVERYTHING and you can dress them up. Now all I want to buy is black bags.

As for the wallet, I would consider switching to the all-leather version. From experience, wallets get handled and set down more frequently than bags and take a bit more wear and tear. My first Coach wallet was siggy and it got dirty! Now I only use leather and it stays much cleaner. Does the care card say you can use cleaner on it? I kinda like the turquoise color better in the siggy, but would still avoid siggy if it's not easy to clean.

Congrats on all your purchases and your PCE experience. You picked some great stuff!

Last edited:
Hey ladies,

I had a wonderful time last night shopping with another tPFer who was kind enough to let me get in on her PCE.

So if you remember, my DH bought me the sparkle leather Poppy for Valentine's Day:

View attachment 1040122

Well I never used it because I was SOOOO worried about it getting dirty. Last night at the store I checked a few pieces that were in this material, and there were tiny spots on them that looked like they would not come out. So somewhat reluctantly I decided to get the black one instead (didn't like any of the other colors). I thought it looked EXTREMELY boring at first, but I tried dressing it up with a couple of scarves, and that did make it look cuter. No doubt it will get used, and it seems bulletproof in terms of seeing marks or color transfer.

I was thinking of maybe exchanging the wallet for the all leather version, but I'm not totally sure - what do you guys think? They didn't have any at the store last night, it would have to be ordered.

Anyway, here and the latest PCE pics (and the Kristin I got at 40% off on Tuesday again):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Congrats to your new bags! Love both! I am like ejoy, I didn't think of black bags but once I start to use my black bags, I can't put them away for at least couple months! I had black poppy spotlight, black sabrina, and some black bags from other brands, and I found these black bags are used the most!
So anyway, I just saw your comments about "40%" off of your kristin bag! That is awesome deal! Congrats!!!!
:yahoo:

I have to say, the poppy looks WAY better in real life! It's so sparkly and gorgeous!

I love both wallets! I hear what the PP says about sig getting dirty though! my parker wallet (the one you saw) has gotten sort of dirty, it's annoying :sad:

I think for me it was kind of the opposite. Before I got into Coach ALL I bought pretty much was black leather, black leather and more black leather. I used to see the occasional siggy Coach around in all these awesome colors, and I started to love them. So when I got into Coach the last thing I wanted to see was another black leather bag.

But the black Groovy has really grown on me over the weekend. I took a few pics with scarves that I'll post later on, and it looks really cute.

And for me, I can't possibly see why anyone would need a bigger purse - for me the Groovy is the PERFECT size, I love it. All my other Coach's are kinda big even though they are all considered "mediums". When I hear people say that the mediums (and sometimes larges) aren't big enough it freaks me out. What are you people carrying around with you?? :P :nuts:

I carry a cosmetic bag, wallet, cell phone, hand cream and keys. That's it. That's all I need and it fits into the Groovy with room to spare!! My Kirstin Hobo feels HHHHUUUUGGGGEEEEE to me - and it's the medium size.

And I did order the all leather wallet today, hopefully it will be here by the end of the week. I like the idea that it isn't the exact same as the Hobo - I don't like to be too matchy.

The same thing happened to me once too crissy. I got a PCE and went to the store with a bag in mind. Unfortunately they couldn't order it (Japan exclusive at the time) but told me they did have it in black. I didn't see anything else in the store I wanted, but didn't want to have wasted my bf's time driving me to the boutique or waste my PCE. So I reluctantly took the black bag. It was the Parker Hippie in black. I took it home, take it out of its dustbag, and decide to snip the tags without even thinking and give it a go. I've been in love ever since. Whenever I use this bag, I never want to switch bags. It'll take me a good couple months before I do.

Now I'm not hesitant to buy black bags. I used to be because I also thought they were boring, but black goes with EVERYTHING and you can dress them up. Now all I want to buy is black bags.

As for the wallet, I would consider switching to the all-leather version. From experience, wallets get handled and set down more frequently than bags and take a bit more wear and tear. My first Coach wallet was siggy and it got dirty! Now I only use leather and it stays much cleaner. Does the care card say you can use cleaner on it? I kinda like the turquoise color better in the siggy, but would still avoid siggy if it's not easy to clean.

Congrats on all your purchases and your PCE experience. You picked some great stuff!