Paypal won't let me use my Credit Card without using all of my Balance

Honestly....I use paypal 5-10 times a week and I have been allowed to keep a balance in Paypal. I would just go to other funding options and click one of my cards (and they aren't paypal cards). Only 2 days ago was the first time this happened. I used my CC without disturbing my balance just the day before. How long has this been going on? Maybe there was a glitch in my acct and I flew under the radar all this time. I know it's not good to keep money in there becauseof chargebacks but I was saving for a big bag and using Paypal as my personal savings for this bag.

I have had this problem also, the only way to get around it- is to use a different email address, that is not affiliated with paypal, so it looks like you are a new user- select the option, "don't have a paypal account, click here". It then allows you to make a payment w/o having a paypal account using your CC. Hope this helps!

I have the same problem, I like to use my amex for everything and save my paypal funds, but before i pay for anything now i have to completely withdraw my funds everytime to my bank account. Its a real pain. I even emailed paypal and they responded that inorder to use your credit card your paypal funds need to be at zero.

I have always found this to be true. I just shift the money out into my bank and then pay by cc. I never keep money in my paypal account. And never pay using the balance -- only by amex.

Yes, I had the same problem a couple of times that you are currently experiencing until I found the solution.

As soon as you have $$$ in your Paypal account shift that money into your bank account BEFORE you pay for another item. Otherwise, Paypal will use those $$$ for partial payment on your new item. Makes record keeping a horror!!!

Nasty, but you have to be viligent.