paypal wont let me pay for my won item.

Poor OP has no recourse now.

#1) It sounds to me like OP/buyer paid outside of ebay and/or

#2) Paid outside the given time frame to be covered under buyer protection

So sad!!

what? but i paid via paypal... how can that be outside ebay.... and what was the given timeframe??? i thought i there was none?

I think you need to breathe for a minute here...

No one advised on you that...because that wasn't the issue you were posting about. You wanted to know about paying...not about protection, or anything else.

To be honest, if we tackled every potential hurdle with that you may or may not face in a transaction...we'd never get to do anything else with our lives. There are potentially hundreds upon hundreds of ways a sale can go bad...when it does it's unfortunate.

The responsibility of authenticating an item and buying/not buying is yours. I would contact eBay and PP...hopefully you can get somewhere with them. However, I caution you to use a friendly tone...you get more bees with honey than you do with vinegar.

I think you need to breathe for a minute here...

No one advised on you that...because that wasn't the issue you were posting about. You wanted to know about paying...not about protection, or anything else.

To be honest, if we tackled every potential hurdle with that you may or may not face in a transaction...we'd never get to do anything else with our lives. There are potentially hundreds upon hundreds of ways a sale can go bad...when it does it's unfortunate.

The responsibility of authenticating an item and buying/not buying is yours. I would contact eBay and PP...hopefully you can get somewhere with them. However, I caution you to use a friendly tone...you get more bees with honey than you do with vinegar.

i did have the item authenticated, as stated, i dont think the authenticators did anything wrong. i do think that when advising someone about payment, if making the payment would put them outside of the protections that is sometime that should be mentioned, particularly when they advise is to pay....

of course no one can be 100% all of the time, but i think that late paying buyers should know that by paying they are putting themselves in danger of being robbed.

in the end its my own fault for paying for this item.

I am sorry for asking a simple question. I was not being rude, no need for you to be rude to me. You had gotten advice earlier and I had non to add.
im sorry if that came of as rude. i did have the item authenticated but i should have never bought it, it was better to walk away. its my own fault i know. but i wanted to come back and add the item was fake in case someone did a search and was in a similar situation, or wanted to know what happened. i didnt walk away and paying the price for it.

How did you find out it was fake? You say you had it authenticated so I assume that it was given a green light, or did you authenticate it after you won, and they told you it was fake?

eta. I just read your thread in the hermès forum, sorry it turned out to be fake!

Last edited:
How did you find out it was fake? You say you had it authenticated so I assume that it was given a green light, or did you authenticate it after you won, and they told you it was fake?

it was authenticated here from the lovely ladies in the H forum. but after i bought it , i took it to Hermes to have Claude, the craftman on staff there, look at it and have my initials heatstamped. but claude told me, that while it was a nice bag it was not a product of Hermes. i did a reveal too and nothing showed up to anyone. so i think it was weight/feel and missing hallmarks that were not in the pictures...

i dont think there was anything in the pictures that the authenticators here would have seen, the seller knew what angles not to show while making it look like he was showing from all angles. again i dont think the ladies in the autheticate this did anything wrong, it was a one of those things you have feel for yourself.... and you cant feel a picture.

i feel like i had a chance to walk away free and easy and i missed it. funny how an unpaid item dispute doesnt seem like that bad of a deal after all.

OH dear... Wiggly.... your problem could be that in order to be eligible for PP/ebay buyer protection,

for PP, one must pay via:

Send the payment to the seller through:
  • The eBay "Pay Now" button, or
  • the eBay invoice,
for ebay, one must pay: using the Pay Now option, third-party checkout, or an eBay invoice.

Using the PP send money may have voided your PP/ebay protection, I think. But DO check w/ both and make sure!

You can file a complaint against the seller via PP, but PP will only act as a mediator, and will not make a decision in cases of SNAD.

READ 13.5 https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?...full&locale.x=en_US#13. Protection for Buyers.

I am so sorry.... Please consider always using a CC for PP payments in the future.

Last edited:
deleted:
edit the limit is 45 days after auction ending... i paid within 15 days... i used paypal

No, 45 days is the limit to where you can file for a claim. I think buyers have around 7 days to pay for an item. The protection policy used to be covered via paypal but now it's "ebay buyer protection". I'm not sure if they lifted the time frame to pay. Before it was:

#1) Pay in one lump sum
#2) Pay via the auction page or link from paypal
#3) Pay within 7 days

(something to that effect)

I just want to add that I am really sorry this happened to you! Noone means to jump down your throat for not following the exact rules, we realize that you learned the hard way.

Ebay is full of tricks and loop holes. It is really important to click on every link and follow each guideline to make sure you are within their terms. As a seller, I had to learn this quickly but it's equally important for buyers. I truly hope that paypal is able to help you.

GL!

So sorry to hear about this. I thought the ladies over in Hermes are very thorough in their inspections.

Do you mind letting us know who the ebay seller is? I would definitely want to avoid buying from this person if he/she can easily fool the ladies in AT.

No, 45 days is the limit to where you can file for a claim. I think buyers have around 7 days to pay for an item. The protection policy used to be covered via paypal but now it's "ebay buyer protection". I'm not sure if they lifted the time frame to pay. Before it was:

#1) Pay in one lump sum
#2) Pay via the auction page or link from paypal
#3) Pay within 7 days

(something to that effect)

i contacted paypal, and they guy did something with the account and he promised that i was still eligible for buyer protection... as i did pay using ebay, and the seller linked it to the item when he shipped the item, so it was linked from the sellers end...

i think that you are right however, but i will call again to make sure that i have buyer protection... the CC company called to ask if we had authorized the transaction today and we told them and they started a chargeback and so we will see what all happens...

the seller stated in the item that he offers a full refund, minus return shipping, which i would take just be rid of this mess, but he sent me an email saying that he only offers a refund "if the item is fake, the item is not fake because i dont sell fakes..." he wants me to pay him... $75 then he would refund the rest..

400101666743 is the item...

So sorry to hear about this. I thought the ladies over in Hermes are very thorough in their inspections.

Do you mind letting us know who the e
bay seller is? I would definitely want to avoid buying from this person if he/she can easily fool the ladies in AT.
they did nothing wrong, it was they way he took pictures, he didnt show the back... and some other hallmarks...

the seller is yourchariot and the item number is 400101666743

i will post pics of the offending sections... that show the bag is not an H item that was not clearly visible in the auction..