PayPal won't cover you within the 45 days, BS?

lightdays

O.G.
Feb 18, 2009
I recently lost a case for a SNAD item I bought. PayPal told me one of the reasons I couldn't get my money back because I filed it too late and due the high price as well. I filed it about a week after I received my item. Wtf? Now I'm all paranoid that if I have problems with an item I have to file it the SAME day I receive my item or a few days after, but anytime more I am SoL. I purchased some hangers and received them yesterday and I can't get them authenticated until tomorrow or Monday and IF they turn out fake, I'm not sure if I can get my money back because then PayPal might give me that BS saying I filed too late... wow PayPal buyer protection really sucks *** now!

Is it possible the item did not qualify? There should have been an icon that said it qualified for full or partial buyer protection on the auction. Sometime expensive items are excluded for some reason.

Not sure what else might be causing that. Did Paypal email you with the response to the dispute? Might be worth calling.

If you paid by credit card you should be able to dispute that way too.

Is it possible the item did not qualify? There should have been an icon that said it qualified for full or partial buyer protection on the auction. Sometime expensive items are excluded for some reason.

Not sure what else might be causing that. Did Paypal email you with the response to the dispute? Might be worth calling.

If you paid by credit card you should be able to dispute that way too.

It's already over and done with. I love the item, but I just wished the seller disclosed the information about it. Unfortunately I didn't use a credit card.

It's already over and done with. I love the item, but I just wished the seller disclosed the information about it. Unfortunately I didn't use a credit card.

Sorry it did not work out for you. Always, always use CC. I made that costly mistake once never again.
At least, in your case the item is wearable.:smile:

I recently lost a case for a SNAD item I bought. PayPal told me one of the reasons I couldn't get my money back because I filed it too late and due the high price as well. I filed it about a week after I received my item. Wtf? Now I'm all paranoid that if I have problems with an item I have to file it the SAME day I receive my item or a few days after, but anytime more I am SoL. I purchased some hangers and received them yesterday and I can't get them authenticated until tomorrow or Monday and IF they turn out fake, I'm not sure if I can get my money back because then PayPal might give me that BS saying I filed too late... wow PayPal buyer protection really sucks *** now!

Maybe if you notify PayPal that you can not authenticate for a few days, they can make a note on your account.

It is very easy for them to decline a dispute in which you used your PayPal or bank account. It is no work for them and cuts down on the backlog. They do not have to deal with another agency.

That is why you use a credit card. So you are protected.