Paypal upgrade?

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I don't usually have anything close to the 500 limit, but this week I started collecting some funds for a friend (from other friends)...long story, but my Paypal is the account the cash is going to and I will ship a gift from us all.

Should I wait for the end of the month or upgrade to Premier. Is it worth the upgrade?

2. I have one premier account and one regular account. I upgraded my premier account over a year ago but, from what I can remember there is no charge for upgrading and honestly, the only difference I notice in the 2 accounts is that, I can accept a higher dollar amount on my premier account.
    If I were in your situation, I would definately upgrade. I think you can downgrade back if you decide you don't like it.

3. Upgrading lowers your fees to 2.9% plus 30 cents too.

4. Oh, I didn't know that. I think I may upgrade my other account now. Thanks for the info!

5. #5 Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
    Lower is good. I've upgraded. Thank you.

I forgot to factor in fees when quickly deciding to do the money gathering this way...but it will be easiest, fastest, and likely get me more money to help my friend. (She and her kids are at her parents' longterm since her Mom is terminal...very awful situation.)

I'm going to get her a Visa gift card to help with extra expenses (the kids don't have bikes and have lots of food allergies). Is there a way to get it cheaply?

6. #6 Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
    No problem!!! I like having fewer limitations

I've bought visa gift cards at my local supermarket and mall customer service.

7. You can also buy Visa gift cards (and gift cards to stores, restaurants, etc) from Costco. I think they sell the $100 card for $80. I'm not sure if other warehouse-type stores do this (e.g., BJ's, Sam's Club) but I definitely know they have them at Costco.

8. Costco does that? Excellent. That's what I'll do.