PayPal transaction date 1969 - WTH?

Cedes

tori
Apr 10, 2006
Hi everyone. Last week I placed an order through a legitimate website that uses PayPal for the checkout. A week went by and I didn't hear anything from them so I contacted them to find out about my order - they said they never received it and when I forwarded them my PayPal receipt they pointed out that the transaction is dated 12/31/69, and the transaction ID is 0. They said it can happen when someone takes too long while placing their order.

So I've tried to re-order twice now, but I keep getting receipts from PayPal with the 1969 date and 0 transaction ID. I tried doing the transaction via Firefox and Safari but it doesn't make a difference. Anyone know what gives? I've forwarded the problem along to PayPal but haven't heard back yet.

Last night I was trying to do a BIN on a bag on EBay in which payment was required at time of BIN.

I got an Internal System error on PP and by the time I was able to reload the page, and redo the transaction , the item had sold to someone else.

^I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm not quite understanding how that's relevant to the problem I'm having? I'm on my Sidekick so maybe I'm missing part of your post or something.

^I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm not quite understanding how that's relevant to the problem I'm having? I'm on my Sidekick so maybe I'm missing part of your post or something.

Not to speak for her, but I think noshoepolish was just trying to share the fact that she's had a problem (albeit a different one) making a PP payment, too, recently.

That's what we tend to do here (as well as trying to help when we can). :smile:

Think of it as a free bump! :biggrin:

Ack, how odd?? Well be sure to post if they can figure out what's going on! I'm interested to find out.

In terms of glitches I notice lately that when I print 2 labels at once from Paypal, for some reason I only get the email confirmation for one label. Then if I want to check the tracking for the second item, I have to get the number from the transaction on Paypal and check it. It's weird.

Yes, I was just saying PP has been glitchy lately.

I see! :yes:

Well, I don't know what the deal is. PayPal has nothing in its help articles and the response I got was that it's an error on the merchant's end because they never have problems processing payments. :rolleyes: The merchant is telling me the error is PayPal's fault.. long story short I guess no one wants my money and I'm not getting my stuff.

I think PP is having all types of system problems. I had a "date" problem as well trying to print labels from the multi-order shipping section yesterday. The shipping date was defaulting to September and would not allow changes, thus it would not print out lables. I called PP and they acknowledged the issue and said they would fix as soon as possible. It is still not fixed today. The labels say todays date is September 19th 2009.

Dec 07 PP and Ebags had some kind of sale discount if you paid with PP.

No idea what was going on but it would not let me use a credit card. I had to pay from my bank account. Which did not make me happy. I would have bought elsewhere if I had known.

Noshoe - you were right, PP is being glitchy all over the place. Even though they wrote to me and told me it was an error on the merchant's end, the merchant contacted them and spoke to someone who told them that small glitches throughout the system are causing all kinds of issues.

I ended up being able to pay after the merchant sent me an invoice.. at least, I think I did. I'm waiting to make sure that the order went through and the money was deducted.

Curse PayPal.