Paypal shipping problem, same zip diff city?

lulu212121

O.G.
Jan 1, 2007
I have sold an item on ebay and the buyer paid right away. I went into Paypal to print the shipping label and it will not let me because USPS has a different city they use. The zip code is the same, just the city is different. It tells me to contact the buyer to confirm the addy.

If I go in and edit the addy on Paypal then the address is no longer confirmed. I went into the USPS site to do a city look up according to zip codes and both cities fall under the same zip code. Paypal will not let me ship unless I change the city.

What is recommended that I do? Thanks!!!

Contact the buyer to confirm his/her address and explain you will send out the item once the address is confirmed. Make sure you document the email exchange in case of future disputes.

You have to use the address as confirmed by Paypal (not the buyer) to qualify for sellers protection. I'd just use the address confirmed by Paypal and take it to the Post Office to send it.

Thanks for the advice! I am just going to take it to the PO and have DC as well as insurance. I was just concerned about the Seller's Protection if I just edited the address regardless of what the buyer may tell me. I have never seen this error before.

This happened to me. Some people call their local areas differently than the post office. This mostly happens to big cities. Post office delivers packages per zip codes instead of cities. To be safe, you could double check with the buyer also the post office.