Paypal refund - what to do?

Jan 19, 2008
I thought I'd start a new thread for this in the hope of getting some advice :smile:

So, I filed an INR claim for a bag from the US. The seller was pretty unresponsive and gave me a tracking number that didn't show anything online.

Luckily, I did receive the bag - however, it was listed as 'Brand New' but had loads of tiny marks on it. I emailed the seller to see what she had to say, but didn't close the INR Paypal case as I understood if I did I wouldn't be able to file a SNAD should it come to that, and instead just needed to change the reason for my claim.

So, fast forward to today, and the seller has not replied about the condition of the bag. However, Paypal have emailed me to say they are closing the case, in my favour, and the money has been refunded to me!! Eeek! So I have the bag (although not in the condition I expected) and the money!! What do I do now?? I'm pretty useless when it comes to Paypal, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Where can I get the sellers return address from?

What I'm worried about is if I send back the bag and then Paypal reverse the refund? So I'm out the bag and the $$....I don't trust the seller would refund me if this did happen....

I remember this, the tracking given from the seller never showed anything, right?
One thing, never throw away any package until you're sure you're happy with an item.

Right, don't do anything until you know what Paypal said after you called.

So I've just come off the phone with Paypal. I got transferred between a couple of people, - the first one said that it is completely at my discretion whether or not I send the item back (that doesn't seem fair?!!) and the second one said that it's now between the seller and myself so to sort it out with them and again, I can basically do what I want...no longer a Paypal issue.

I've still had no response from the seller, but I feel terrible having both the bag and the refund - but with no return address what can I do???

So I've just come off the phone with Paypal. I got transferred between a couple of people, - the first one said that it is completely at my discretion whether or not I send the item back (that doesn't seem fair?!!) and the second one said that it's now between the seller and myself so to sort it out with them and again, I can basically do what I want...no longer a Paypal issue.

I've still had no response from the seller, but I feel terrible having both the bag and the refund - but with no return address what can I do???
I would...
request userinfo from ebay
zabasearch name and state/town to find public address available
email seller indicating you are sending item back and want to confirm they live xx at yy
send deliv. conf w/ sig

In my opinion, wait for the seller to e-mail you back. I know you feel bad about having both bag and the refund, but what else would you do?