PayPal Question - We Need More Information About You???

RoseMary

O.G.
Nov 3, 2005
so, i got an email from paypal saying, i receive more than 1,000 euros of payments and so they need more info about me, otherwise they close my account :wtf:!

has anyone gotten this as well?

they need info like my passport (this is no problem), then the gas bill (i don't pay it, my parents do, so i don't have this) and the reason why i receive those payments. um, should i write i sell bags on a purse forum :shame:??

please help, has anyone dealt with that before?

Hello Rosemary, yes they will do some checks once you go past a certain amount. I cant remember what I did but it wasnt passport or gas bill. I think they are confirming your address. If you tell them you dont have a gas bill maybe they will ask for another statement.

thank you, moi! :love:

can you remember what exactly you sent there?

i just don't understand it because i'm a verified member which means my address is already confirmed.

thank you, moi! :love:

can you remember what exactly you sent there?

i just don't understand it because i'm a verified member which means my address is already confirmed.
I think it was credit card info. They will upgrade your account now. That means you will start paying a fee when you receive money. Have you been receiving free up til now?

I think it was credit card info. They will upgrade your account now. That means you will start paying a fee when you receive money. Have you been receiving free up til now?

i have given out my CC info a long time ago.

yes, i pay always fees.

I never had to send in much info for paypal..but beware they're identity theft emails that are sent out claiming to be from paypal. When in doubt, just call them.

yeah, i haven't received anything like that before as well. that's why i was concerned. they have my CC info which is connected to my address. why do they need further info where i live? doesn't make sense. :s

i have given out my CC info a long time ago.

yes, i pay always fees.

yeah, i haven't received anything like that before as well. that's why i was concerned. they have my CC info which is connected to my address. why do they need further info where i live? doesn't make sense. :s
I would call them just to be sure Rosemary. But in all honesty if you look at the email address you can see if it is a genuine message. But to be safe I would call anyway..

i remember what i had to do:
_ passport or lisence (copy)
_ confirm my address- they sent me a letter w a code and i have to put in that code when i receive that.
_ receipts of my sales - which was stupids because i sold my personal items- not doing business- how do i have supplier invoices- i told them that and they noted in my account or something- i didnt have to provide those
_ prob. they will ask you to provide trackings of other transaction if you havent do so

HTH