Paypal Question ~ Refunds

Apr 28, 2007
I tried to search this section but couldn't find a thread similiar to what I'm looking for .......

my friend bought something on ebay ~ he sent the seller the money via paypal ~ he has a confirmation that the money went through to the seller.

the seller stated he didn't get the money and then looked up his account and said he entered the wrong email address for his paypal account.

So my friend cancelled the paypal transaction and got receipt that it was cancelled but he still has not received a refund back into his account.

How long does it take Paypal to refund your money back into your account? It seems like when you buy something the money is transferred almost instantly.....how do refunds work?

Does this make sense the seller wouldn't get the money because of an error how he entered his email although my friend recieved notice the money went to the seller.

I'm just trying to help ~ thanks for any feedback you can provide.

That doesn't really make sense....PayPal accounts are linked to eBay accounts, so every time an item is sold for a seller, it's not like the seller has to re-enter his/her PP email address every time. :confused1: Also, every time I've refunded or received a refund, it's gone through immediately to my PP account.

Did the money come from hid credit/debit card? If it is it then the money will be credited directly back to his card and will take a few days for it to show up.

That doesn't really make sense....PayPal accounts are linked to eBay accounts, so every time an item is sold for a seller, it's not like the seller has to re-enter his/her PP email address every time. :confused1: Also, every time I've refunded or received a refund, it's gone through immediately to my PP account.

ITA, something does not seem right here. Wrong email addy indicates to me that this account was just created. OR that he had just changed email addys and incorrectly updated the PP account...? I have not done that, so not sure how that one works.
I'd be giving PP a phone call as soon as possible.