Paypal Pending Balance

lambbaby

Just a Girl in NYC
O.G.
Jan 27, 2008
Hi All,

I just sold an item on ebay and the seller paid via paypal after the auction ended.

I went to paypal to check the funds and the payment is on hold.

This is what it's says--------------

We're holding the funds for 1 payment that you've received for items sold on eBay.
The total amount on hold in your account is: $134.67 USD
PayPal and eBay are working together to make payments for eBay items even safer. Because we want both buyers and sellers to feel confident about sending and receiving payments through PayPal, we may temporarily hold payments for items sold on eBay.
Make sure to ship the item right away, so you'll have access to the funds sooner. We'll release the hold in 21 days unless you receive a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction subject to the hold. We may release the hold earlier if either of the following occurs:
  • The buyer leaves you positive feedback on eBay.
  • We confirm that the item was delivered.* We can confirm delivery if you ship the item with USPS, FedEx, or UPS and either use PayPal shipping labels or upload tracking information from the transaction details page. This applies to transactions within the United States.
Additional hold period
If you receive a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction subject to the hold, we may hold the payment until the problem is resolved.
Learn more about the PayPal policy for payments holds on eBay items.
* This applies to US domestic transactions that are shipped by USPS, FedEx, or UPS and either (i) use PayPal shipping labels to ship items or (ii) provide tracking information to PayPal.

Has anyone else had this before? Now I'm getting nervous that the seller will claimed she never got it, etc and I lose out on my $$$$.:cursing::cursing:

This is a new Ebay/Paypal rule that started mid-May. They chose at random, and I think that it is more likely to happen on items that are prone to fakes and high priced items.

Yup - it is hit and miss. Pretty sure if you are a new seller or PP member you are automatically subjected to this most - if not all the time...

Knock on wood I have a Premier PP acct and have been active for several years and have not had the misfortune of experiencing this yet - not even sure if I will be ??

Good news is that as soon as the item shows in the tracking delivered - you will get access to the $$ - be advised though that there is some sort of cap as well that is being imposed on some PPers as well - limiting the withdrawal amount to $500 or something like that. Hopefully some others will chime in here too with more info.

Positive thoughts go out to you that your package gets to the destination in a timely manner :yes:

This is the 21 day hold that powersellers are so angry about.

They hold your money, they expect you to ship out of pocket, and all the while they hold your money, they are making interest off of it.

It's unbelievable!

I haven't had a hold yet, I have been fortunate so far. I always keep some extra cash in the account just in case, I collect interest on it. If they put a hold on the money, you collect interest on it as well.

You should ship your package and send the DC number to paypal so they can release he funds.

I was worried about this b/c I sold 3 items on tuesday with paypal and never got this message.

So Ima ship UPS with signature so I don't get screwed.

But this is my final transaction with paypal. Money Orders for now on.

I swear that Ebay and Paypal are just plain hell for sellers anymore. In the last year, I've had 3 disputes with Paypal, where they held my funds for 6 weeks while they investigated. Each one turned out in my favor of course, but I'm through with them. Ebay can suck it too! :tdown:

Wow, I wasn't aware of this. I'm also going to switch to money orders only! It seems that sellers are at the mercy of Paypal. With all the new changes sellers are in jeopordy of being taken advantage of everyday and Paypal/Ebay only continue to make money hand over fist.

*If a large percentage of sellers start accepting money orders only, maybe then Paypal with get the picture!

That's kinda why #bay's been getting into court issues with Craigslist, because they hold a minority stock or interest in Craigslist and it hurts them when all the #bayers are heading to CL to list items and not having to pay fees or $ on top of what they are able to sell it for.