Paypal is Charging Me for Monthly Recurring Ebay Seller Fees

starbuxxx

O.G.
Jan 25, 2007
Last night I received two separate emails to my paypal email address that Ebay is charging me monthly recurring seller fees and my paypal account has been debited. I haven't sold anything since February and when I review my Ebay summary and invoices it says $0 balance. One invoice was for $36 and the second invoice was for $47. I've filed a dispute with paypal but can't figure out what these charges are for. My ebay account has a separate email address from my paypal and ebay has not emailed me any notices for outstanding fees. I also don't pay my Ebay seller fees with paypal but pay it through my credit card. When I got the email I thought it was a scam but then I went to my paypal account (not through the email) and both charges were listed as pending. Could this be a new scam?

Has this happened to anyone? I have my bank account connected to my paypal and now I think I'm going to remove it.

Are you sure these emails are coming from Paypal? Could they be phishing or a scam?? I agree with the PP call up Paypal and ask an agent directly what is going on.

Thanks for the feedback. I called Paypal and confirmed the email was legitimate and they are reviewing the claims but now it is showing as payments returned due to being unclaimed for 30 days. I have no idea what this is but paypal thinks it was an error and they will still review and email me the results. Thanks again. I still think I'll remove my checking account and just use my credit card.

I agree the word recurring is really confusing, because unless you sell during that month you will not get an invoice (different if you have a store).
I also over the last 3 month I received invoices for the same amount despite having sold nothing, so I thought it was a new or spoofed recurring monthly seller fees invoice.
Turns out, after calling eBay support (a surprisingly pleasant, quick and friendly experience), that this amount was charged when I last sold something on eBay, but the credit was expired, so they tried charging it again and again. Until the amount has been paid successfully, I guess you will continue to receive an invoice for the exact same amount.