Paypal is being really slow

laredouter

Aug 25, 2018
I have opened a case against a seller who sold me shoes as a UK size 7. They are massive and won't stay on my feet, as you can see (they are worse without my orthopedic insoles in them). It has been 5 days since the case was opened on paypal but I still haven't been asked to send them any pictures yet. I am terrified that the case is going to be closed in the seller's favour without even seeing my pictures and my money will be gone forever. Is it normal for it to take this long?

Attachments

• 20180905_161200[550].jpg
    20180905_161200[550].jpg
    112 KB · Views: 215
I just had a paypal dispute opened against me so I can tell you, that in the US at least, I have 20 days to respond before the buyer can escalate.

I have opened a case against a seller who sold me shoes as a UK size 7. They are massive and won't stay on my feet, as you can see (they are worse without my orthopedic insoles in them). It has been 5 days since the case was opened on paypal but I still haven't been asked to send them any pictures yet. I am terrified that the case is going to be closed in the seller's favour without even seeing my pictures and my money will be gone forever. Is it normal for it to take this long?
Would you please post pictures of the size markings located on the inside of the shoe (or wherever it's marked)?

Also
It's normal for PP. They were advertised as a UK7 - what size are they labelled as? And were they sold as new? If so, trying them on without socks on really isn't acceptable.

I did try them with socks on as the first time I tried them on was picking them up after work. They were massive even with thick socks on

Also the only marking inside was EU 41, which is most definitely not a size 7. The seller didn't take a picture of it at all. I would take a picture but the shoes are already packaged up.

I am not an unreasonable buyer at all so I'm not sure why you all think this :sad:. I bought a pair of shoes in good faith with my own money (which I don't have much of because I am a uni student haha). I think it is reasonable that I would want a refund when I have a transaction like this after the hundreds of decent and kind sellers I have interacted with before.

I get that you guys have probably been burned before by unscrupulous buyers who seem to change their mind on a whim. If someone turns up and I just don't like it, I just sell it on. In fact, I have two items listed like right now which weren't my style/ were a little snug respectively when they turned up. This case was different because they are significantly different to what I was expecting.

I hope I clarified my position to you all :smile:

Last edited:
Would you please post pictures of the size markings located on the inside of the shoe (or wherever it's marked)?
Also the only marking inside was EU 41, which is most definitely not a size 7. The seller didn't take a picture of it at all. I would take a picture but the shoes are already packaged up.

I am not an unreasonable buyer at all so I'm not sure why you all think this :sad:. I bought a pair of shoes in good faith with my own money (which I don't have much of because I am a uni student haha). I think it is reasonable that I would want a refund when I have a transaction like this after the hundreds of decent and kind sellers I have interacted with before.

I get that you guys have probably been burned before by unscrupulous buyers who seem to change their mind on a whim. If someone turns up and I just don't like it, I just sell it on. In fact, I have two items listed like right now which weren't my style/ were a little snug respectively when they turned up. This case was different because they are significantly different to what I was expecting.

I hope I clarified my position to you all :smile:
I don't get it. Why are we the bad guys when you've come here looking for help, making claims that an item is inaccurately described yet when requested, YOU are the one who isn't giving us the information we need in order to advise you?

Posters come here (presumably) looking for help. In order to give ACCURATE advice, we need to see proof that your claim is valid.

You say the shoes were advertised as size 7 but didn't show us the listing, didn't show us a picture of the markings in the shoes and now claim that you can't do so because they're packed up and ready to go back.

Showing a picture of a foot inside a shoe tells us absolutely nothing. We don't know what you bought and without having seen the listing, how are we to know that the shoe shown in your picture in post #1 is even the style of what you bought. (Not saying you're lying; just that there's nothing to verify anything!)

Now you're saying that the shoes are marked as "EU 41" and if so, that certainly doesn't convert to UK or US 7 but again, without pictures, we don't know whether you're actually telling the truth. (Again, I'm not saying you're lying but show us what you want us to believe and advise on!)

Understand that had we seen the listing (allegedly advertised as size 7) as well as the shoes (supposedly) marked as EU 41, I could have given specific information (WITH screenshots) showing you how to win the dispute and have the seller cover the return shipping so you wouldn't be out any money.

There are various sites that state a EUR 41 is a UK 7 so maybe the seller used one of those? I wear a UK 6 or 6.5 which most shoe stores here state is a 40 so stands to reason a 41 would be a 7.
I just listed a pair of shoes on Tradesy that had the European and US sizes (and UK and Japan) on the box. The Tradesy European equivalent for the US size wasn't the same as what was on the box.

Something's wrong with this. In Louis Vuitton shoes I wear a 40, which is a size 10. I assumed their sizes are EU. I know a 41 is a 10.5. Is there a difference between EU and EUR?

I just listed a pair of shoes on Tradesy that had the European and US sizes (and UK and Japan) on the box. The Tradesy European equivalent for the US size wasn't the same as what was on the box.
The following is a picture of the size label from inside my Uggs. You can kind of adjust for other sizes.
Uggs cardy size label US UK EU JA.png