Paypal Holds on sellers $$$

Jul 4, 2007
I sold a number of items on paypal and have about $500 sitting in my account "on hold". All of my items have been shipped and received (they were sent fedex so I checked with the tracking number). None of the sellers have left feedback so the money remains on hold. I emailed the sellers to please leave feedback and two have but the money has not been released. I know paypal can hold the money for 21 days but if I have positve feedback for the transaction is there anyway to get them to release the funds.
Help!

Yes, just call them. I have had many holds but have always just called up right away and been really nice. I question the hold even though I know exactly what they are doing. Then I tell them that I really need the funds and then they put me on hold for a bit. Then they come back and say they released them.

Is this a stupid game PP/EB pays, or what?? I had to call PP today to get my funds released. I had delivery conformations AND positive feedback for both sales. It took me 6 calls to finally get to a "supervisor": 3 calls to figure out their automated phone system, then 3 times being put on hold and then "accidentally" disconnected. I firmly believe that if I didn't call, my funds would have been held for the entire 21 days. The supervisor I talked to said he was so "surprised" that my funds weren't already released...

this hasn't happened to me thank goodness but it is so stupid and such a hassle!
WHY do they do this? Is this because the SELLER has less than certain amount of feedback or the BUYER is new and/or has some sort of problem? I am waiting to get hit with this hold from PP, but so far haven't (I do have 500+ positive fb's but I am wondering if it is me or the other person that triggers this hold....

WHY do they do this? Is this because the SELLER has less than certain amount of feedback or the BUYER is new and/or has some sort of problem? I am waiting to get hit with this hold from PP, but so far haven't (I do have 500+ positive fb's but I am wondering if it is me or the other person that triggers this hold....

I thought this only happens if the seller has less than certain # of feedbacks (my guess was 100) and the item is over $100. Weird, if you have over 500 fb. Don't PP and *bay's policy's anymore.:tdown:

I bought an item (immediate payment) and the seller would not ship it because paypal held the funds.
She said she got conflicting information from paypal and ebay, one said post and the other said not, either way she thought the fault was with me the buyer.
She just didn't understand it all and ended up giving me a refund and not shipping it :cursing:

This happens to me too, twice already. I thin it's because I am a new seller. But the hold was lifted both times after I provide them a shipping confirmation and the buyer leaves + fb.

This happens when you have less than 100 fb. I've been selling since 2007 but this happened to me twice only in the last couple of months (2nd time was this week). It seems to be a new policy, but both times my money was released immediately during a phone to PP customer service as soon as the rep checks to see that both shipment is confirmed and fb was left.