Paypal Holding Funds?

urgh i just got this message yesterday as well they are holding my funds until buyer gets the item. Buyer lives in Seattle while I am from NY great I have to wait for the item to get into Seattle then wait for positive feedback if she does leave a feedback at all. I will probably have to wait 21 days to get my funds. I haven't sold anything for a over a year I guess I would have to wait it's very annoying but nothing we can do about it as for now.

urgh i just got this message yesterday as well they are holding my funds until buyer gets the item. Buyer lives in Seattle while I am from NY great I have to wait for the item to get into Seattle then wait for positive feedback if she does leave a feedback at all. I will probably have to wait 21 days to get my funds. I haven't sold anything for a over a year I guess I would have to wait it's very annoying but nothing we can do about it as for now.

You just have to wait three days after the estimated delivery date (assuming you added the tracking to Ebay). it has nothing to do with feedback anymore.

You just have to wait three days after the estimated delivery date (assuming you added the tracking to Ebay). it has nothing to do with feedback anymore.

I don't have a tracking number I just sold some coupons and used a first class stamp. It's nothing major but just annoyed I couldn't get my funds right away like back then.

Can paypal hold a payment when you pay with a credit card? I just bought something on ebay and the seller isn't shipping until the funds clear. I thought credit card is automatic.

I searched this forum a bit, but didn't see this answered. Sorry if it's a repeat!

Paypal willl hold payments for various reasons and place payments under review ....maybe its a newly added credit card, they may want to verify the address, maybe the purchase was a catagory and amount you don't normally shop/spend in. A payment under review takes 24 to 48 hours to clear. You could call paypal and ask. I have received a few payments before that were under review and they have always cleared within a day or two. For me, these payments always came from buyers with low feedback.

Paypal willl hold payments for various reasons and place payments under review ....maybe its a newly added credit card, they may want to verify the address, maybe the purchase was a catagory and amount you don't normally shop/spend in. A payment under review takes 24 to 48 hours to clear. You could call paypal and ask. I have received a few payments before that were under review and they have always cleared within a day or two. For me, these payments always came from buyers with low feedback.

Thanks! I have close to 100 feedback (not "low" right?) and it is not a newly added credit card. So weird.

Just wanted to make sure the seller wasn't making something up. I was trying to get the bag delivered by a certain date since I paid right.

Here's a link to a petition to stop the darn fund holds.

http://www.change.org/petitions/ebay-and-paypal-need-to-stop-holding-funds-from-auction-sales#share

I actually got an email a week or so ago that PayPal will no longer hold funds in case of any dispute cases on my account. It said something about my account being in good standing for a while. Hopefully this will be the case for everyone :smile:

Exactly...I sell bags I get tired of to fund new ones. Two out for every one in (cutting down my huge collection over the past year) .:biggrin:
Getting dinged for free shipping and next day shipping is wrong, IMO. But some people are quirky, I guess. You run into all sorts of people when selling.

You should consider selling on Bonanza.com if you are just selling your own bags. Listings are free and the final value is less then eBay.