Paypal fraud

ilovechanel3

Jan 15, 2009
hi everyone
i have had 2 frauds from paypal and i would like to know if somebody else has happened for this.
these is the second time it happened to me and im sick of it.
firts at all i was verified on paypal so i would be able to sell on ebay.
since i was verified i have been able to pay only with echecks i dont know why.
they are slow but anyway this is the problem
paypal took my money out to pay my item they put it back in my account again and they charged me 45 dlls the first time i sent an email asking why?
and they said because i didnt have funds to pay for it but the seller got the money but thats a lie because i had the money .
and now thats happening again.
when you send questions online you dont get a real answer because its not the same person answering.
what can i do??
i have been thinking to call them and say i dont want anything from you so please cancel my account.
i dont know.
any advice?
thanks

I think I understand.
You're completing the payment by bank account, right? So this is what happens with bank-funded payment: essentially, Paypal lends you the money and pays the seller on your behalf. Next, they collect the funds from your bank account. It sounds like you did not have sufficient funds to cover the payment, so your bank charged you an NSF fee. Three days after they attempt the withdrawal, they will try again. If they already have and you still don't have sufficient funds, you'll get another NSF charge from your bank and your PP account will be in the negative for the entire payment amount. There's no fraud going on here, not to worry- AND your seller has been paid! But you need to figure out how to upload the amount owing to your PP account so that you won't owe them the funds.

I think I understand.
You're completing the payment by bank account, right? So this is what happens with bank-funded payment: essentially, Paypal lends you the money and pays the seller on your behalf. Next, they collect the funds from your bank account. It sounds like you did not have sufficient funds to cover the payment, so your bank charged you an NSF fee. Three days after they attempt the withdrawal, they will try again. If they already have and you still don't have sufficient funds, you'll get another NSF charge from your bank and your PP account will be in the negative for the entire payment amount. There's no fraud going on here, not to worry- AND your seller has been paid! But you need to figure out how to upload the amount owing to your PP account so that you won't owe them the funds.

hi thanks for this explaination but i had the amount to pay for my item thats why i dont understand why they charge that fee and why they took the money out and put it back.

Don't be fooled by fraud. There are a lot of people who are trying to trick you with 'paypal' things. I have seen couple times who are asking me send the items first, then paypal will release the money to you. They are scam. You can check up paypal on a new window in case they will steal your id and password and verify if the money is in or call to paypal until everything is ok. Becaful, not to be fooled by paypal thing anymore. Good Luck

I agree with stylefly, it sounds like you didn't have the funds in the account or whatever account they are pulling the funds from and charging you overdrawl fees. I'd make sure your paypal account is set up for the account you want it to remove funds from.

hi i just remember my balance in the account where paypal take the money from was 830 dlls and the amount i should pay to the seller was 762 dlls.
thats why i call it fraud because i had money to pay it and today when i checked my balance it was 785 or something like that they charged me that 45 dlls or something like that.
i sent an email today i havent got answer yet so i will wait until tomorrow.
and i sent another email to my seller saying what happened and asking to cancel the echeck right away but she didnt want.

Don't be fooled by fraud. There are a lot of people who are trying to trick you with 'paypal' things. I have seen couple times who are asking me send the items first, then paypal will release the money to you. They are scam. You can check up paypal on a new window in case they will steal your id and password and verify if the money is in or call to paypal until everything is ok. Becaful, not to be fooled by paypal thing anymore. Good Luck

Perhaps I'm not getting this because it's not very well written (take no offence!) but this isn't a scam it's PP's new regime to stop buyers being victims of fraud?

OP- if there was a conversion does your bank charge a fee?
Who charged you $45, Paypal or your bank?
You said they took it out and put it back. Did the money ever actually leave your bank account?

hi the money was taken out from my bank account and they put it back.
but the money its right now in my bank account minus the 45 dlls.
but yesterday i moved it to another account so paypal wouldnt be able to take it again and they canceled it.
so i am happy about that.now i need to delete my account.
this was the second time this happened to me.
the first time it happened it was for a purchased with value of 33 canadian dollas and seller in canada.
and paypal did same thing again took the money out and put it back and they charge me 45 dlls.
this 45 dlls was charged on my paypal balance.
it said negative balance.