Paypal dispute question

Nov 30, 2008
Wonder if someone here knows because PayPal.com doesn't seem to list this particular issue.

I purchased a dress online from a small online boutique about 2 weeks ago and paid $10 EXTRA for their guaranteed 6 working day delivery. Upon checking tracking that they finally sent me, my item is not due to arrive to me until this coming Friday. It is not needed until NYE, but I most likely needed to take it to a tailor to have it adjusted before Saturday so that is why I wanted to make sure I had it at least a week early to account for this. It was important enough to me that I paid extra to ensure this. By the time that it arrives it will be 11 business days from the date it shipped, not even the date I ordered. So, here I am out my item when I needed it by and also $10 that I paid for in extra shipping.

Per the disputes on PayPal, they only list options for items not being delivered at all or not as described. If the item arrives this week, theres a possibility I would have enough time to have it tailored, even on my own by Saturday, but I at the very least want my extra $10 refunded and the company is not replying. Can I file a dispute with PayPal over this and is this something they would cover?

Your credit card itself--assuming it was funded by CC--will let you back out of this transaction. Forget Paypal here.

I paid via PayPal credit. No external cc used that I can dispute with.

Have you tried writing to the boutique letting them know that this is not what you paid for and requesting they return the $10 they charged for fast shipment?

Oh yes many times. They also have tons of other complaints on their FB and twitter pages for the same thing. They aren't doing anything! This is why I want to dispute with PayPal directly, but if I get my item I just want my $10 expedited shipping back and it doesn't appear that PayPal allows partial disputes. If I don't get the item then I want the entire amount refunded.

I paid via PayPal credit. No external cc used that I can dispute with.

Oh yes many times. They also have tons of other complaints on their FB and twitter pages for the same thing. They aren't doing anything! This is why I want to dispute with PayPal directly, but if I get my item I just want my $10 expedited shipping back and it doesn't appear that PayPal allows partial disputes. If I don't get the item then I want the entire amount refunded.
I'm sorry, I don't believe I saw that in the initial post.