paypal credit card or debit card?

LOREBUNDE

O.G.
Nov 19, 2006
Florida
Sorry if this sounds stupid and I know I can call paypal but not in the mood right now to be put on hold, etc.
Anyway, I rec'd. in the mail a paypal mastercard. Is this a credit card I can use? I've read the papers that came with the card but to me it sounds exactly like the debit card only you get 1% cashback on purchases. It looks like funds will first be taken out of paypal,then your back up (like the debit card). But I'm thinking if this card can be used as the back up source? I know I 'm just being lazy. I hate reading all this stuff, hoping someone knows what I'm talking about. TIA
Just wondering what the hoopla is with this card as it sounds pretty much like the debit card.

*Heather*

TIME OUT
Aug 9, 2009
Back and forth...
I have the debit card. But I only use it to get my money out so I don't have to wait a couple of days for the transfer.

Not helpful, I know...:huh: It says PREMIER BusinessCard, if that matters. But it's only a debit card.

Last edited:

Ellie Mae

Peace B with U
May 24, 2008
LORE.. whichever it is, just remember that it's a PP card, and you won't have any chargeback protection if it's a debit card, and likely not either if it's a credit card. I personally would never use either.

L4F4

BITE ME
Apr 4, 2009
Credit card is safer, but I would not use a PayPal product because they already try to control our money any way they can. I would use my own credit card.

tonij2000

Luvs Leather
O.G.
Mar 21, 2007
ShowMeState
I have the debit card. But I only use it to get my money out so I don't have to wait a couple of days for the transfer.
Not helpful, I know...:huh: It says PREMIER BusinessCard, if that matters. But it's only a debit card.
This is what I use also and it works like a gem, I have access to my funds as soon as the buyer pays!

LOREBUNDE

O.G.
Nov 19, 2006
Florida
well, I went on paypal site to activate. From what I figured out it could be used as a credit card back up on my paypal. After activating it,I had an option of using as a backup but a credit check was done. After all that, I was denied. Now I'm wondering if it replaced my original blue debit card!! Why did they even give to me if I was going to be denied.