Paypal condone sellers selling fake bags

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 11, 2006
The same thing happened to me also a few months ago. I had My Poupette send a Letter of Fakeness (as opposed to a Letter of Authenticity) to Paypal and they still denied my claim. I appealed and they changed their mind. Go figure. The seller finally refunded me just about the time eBay was finally starting to notice my claim. The seller left negative feedback for me (my ONLY negative ever) so I added a response and also left her negative feedback. I'm alot more careful with eBay purchases now.

I've also had the experience of being threatened with being kicked off eBay for misrepresenting items. What?!! I've never knowingly sold a fake but have sometimes said something like, this leather if much like Coach... to best describe something. If eBay would concentrate on the REAL fakes--some of which are so obvious--they'd be further ahead.

Dana in CA

Jan 4, 2007
ebay does allow fakes, it's a known fact. they advertise prada, celine, etc on their main page. but when you click on it you are being taken to auctions selling fakes. I don't know how they get away with it, other than the lame excuse that they are a venue, not a store, and they do not have manpower to check every auction and determine authenticity. what a joke! ebay is a huge company and could hire a large department to go through every auction if they wanted to. i can do a search for "prada tote" and come up with 90% fake auctions. why can't ebay do that and just end the auctions? i don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.