paypal claim wants me to send bag back. what to do?

lvgirl3

Sep 6, 2008
hey everybody, i need some advice here.
i brought a bag on ebay that is SNAD. i filed a claim thru paypal. the seller has agreed thru paypal to refund my money as long as i send the bag back with delivery confirmation uploaded onto paypal.com. i was contact by paypal all this time. i emailed the seller but seller did not contact me at all.

what should i do? should I send the bag back to the seller just like that? is there any way that the seller could possibly destroy the bag and tell paypal that i returned it destroyed? or tell paypal that my claim was fake?? one of the reasons i filed was because the strap is broken. could the seller somehow take pictures of it glue and looking like its fixed and report to paypal? i dont want the bag, it was broken and SNAD!

i know can take pictures before mailing it but is there any other precautions i should take? the bag is still in the same condition. i did not use the bag at all. what should i do?

thanks so much TIA!

Just make sure you send it back with signature confirmation, so you can provide paypal with a tracking number and later with a signature as proof the seller received it back.

I actually spoke with paypal today about this same situation. I am sending a back back that wasn't as described. The lady form Paypal told me that as long as you provide them with the tracking information and they see that the bag has been received they will refund your money. I asked about the seller refusing the bag (b/c the girls said she would refuse it) and they told me that once they saw it was delivered (refused or not) they didn't really care what happens after that they will refund the money.

Yea... you just send it back just like that. I suggest UPS or FedEx for better tracking options.

Once it is confirmed delivered if the seller doesn't refund your money within 24 hours call Paypal and have them do it.

Has Paypal asked you to send the bag back, or just the seller?

If Paypal has not asked you to send the bag back, don't send it back until they tell you to do so. They get pissy if you don't follow their instructions. They will require you to provide them with tracking info.

In the past month, I filed a SNAD on a Marc Jacobs wallet, it was my worst transaction in 8 years on ebay. I returned the wallet to the seller, using USPS with the Signature Confirmation option. Took me a month to get my money back. It's my understanding that you have to return the bag to the seller in order to receive your money back.

i was told by pay pal to send item back, seller had stopped communication!!!!!. i took pics etc, send it back signed for and that was that, my beef was i lost the money to return which i know is not a lot of money, but the point is you have to fight pay pal to get refund, and you still lose out. i had the money before i sent item back, which was a suprise good luck alfie x

i'm in the middle of a dispute too. Purchased a fake MJ stam and asked for a refund. Seller has agreed once she has received the bag back. Paypal have also emailed me telling me to send the bag back. Thing i want to know is do paypal refund me or does the monies come from the seller? I agree forking out for postage sucks, just hope i get original postage costs back.

i'm in the middle of a dispute too. Purchased a fake MJ stam and asked for a refund. Seller has agreed once she has received the bag back. Paypal have also emailed me telling me to send the bag back. Thing i want to know is do paypal refund me or does the monies come from the seller? I agree forking out for postage sucks, just hope i get original postage costs back.
hi, pay pal gave me the money, but i'm under the impression that they get it from the seller, some one correct me if i'm wrong, thats why you cant close your account immediately in case of pending case's and yes it sucks that you lose out on the postage good luck alfie x